These pretzel cinnamon chip cookies are delicious soft and chewy cookies. They’re sweet, and salty, and so easy to make!
These pretzel and cinnamon chip cookies are such a good cookie. They’ve got a similar taste to a snickerdoodle cookie, but with crunchy and salty pretzels throughout too!
They’re thick cookies with a chewy center and so delicious. They’re a yummy cookie to make all year long, but I really love them for the holidays!
This year (in 2014) I decided to join in the 3rd Annual Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap hosted by White Lights on Wednesday. How it works is I was paired up with another blogger and instead of sending each other a dozen cookies we send each other a cookie recipe, to make and share on our own blogs.
I was paired with Wendy from Around My Family Table, and she sent me the recipe to her Cinnamon Chip Pretzel Cookies. I slightly edited the original recipe to fit our family, and these cookies are delicious!
I had never used cinnamon chips before, so I was excited to try these cookies out. The cinnamon chips almost dissolve into the cookies giving them the perfect little bursts of cinnamon flavor throughout the cookies.
Plus with the pretzel on top. It adds just a slight crunch to the cookie, plus the delicious saltiness, to give these cookies the perfect sweet and salty, cinnamony, flavor combo.
- unsalted butter
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- cinnamon chips
How to make Pretzel Cinnamon Chip Cookies:
These pretzel cinnamon chip cookies start with your basic cookie ingredients. You’ll cream together your butter, brown sugar and white sugar in a large bowl until the mixture starts to get a little fluffy. I like to mix it in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment at medium speed, but a hand mixer, or even mixing by hand will work too.
Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and stir until they’re just combined. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl as needed.
Then add in the dry ingredients and stir them all together until you have a nice soft dough. You want the dough to be soft, but not too sticky.
Add in your cinnamon chips, and pretzel pieces and fold them into the batter, until they’re nice and even in the batter.
Scoop the batter into balls that are about 2 TBS each, you should be able to get about 32 to 36 cookies from this recipe. Roll the cookie dough into balls slightly and place them each onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Press a pretzel just slightly into the top of each of your cookie dough balls.
Bake the cookies until the sides are golden brown and the tops are set. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet, as they’ll keep baking while they’re on there.
Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool more, or enjoy them immediately all soft and warm!
Tips and Tricks:
- Make a cinnamon-sugar mixture in a small bowl by mixing 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon with 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Roll the cookie dough balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture to make these cookies into cinnamon chip snickerdoodles.
- To make the cookies extra pretty, top them with a couple extra cinnamon chips right after the cookies come out of the oven.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Where can I find cinnamon chips?
A bag of cinnamon chips can be found in most grocery stores in the baking aisle. They’ll be near other baking chips, like chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips. The brand I usually see is Hershey’s cinnamon chips
These cookies can be stored once cooled in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 or 5 days.
If you want, you can also freeze the cookies. Once they are cooled completely place them carefully in a freezer safe container or freezer safe zip top bag. They can be frozen for up to 3 months. Let the cookies cool at room temperature or in the fridge for a few hours until soft, then enjoy!
These cinnamon chip pretzel cookies are such a delicious cookies! They’re soft, and chewy, and full of crunchy pretzel pieces and sweet cinnamon pieces. You won’t be able to stop at just one cookie and they’ll definitely become a new family favorite.
More Cookie Recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Pretzel Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sugar Cookies
Cinnamon Chip Pretzel Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 TBS vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 oz cinnamon chips
- 1 cup chopped pretzel pieces
For Decorating the Cookies:
- 30 whole pretzels
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick liner.
- Add the butter and sugars to a large bowl. Cream them together for about 2 minutes until light and creamy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix everything together.
- Fold the cinnamon chips, and pretzels evenly into the batter.
- Scoop 1.5 TBS of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Place cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart.
- Press a pretzel onto the top of each cookie, pressing the cookies down slightly while you do.
- Bake the cookies for about 10-14 minutes until they just start to turn golden and the top of the cookies is set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely, or enjoy warm.
These pretzel cinnamon chip cookies were first posted on Dec 16, 2014. The photos and text were updated on December 9, 2022.
You might like these cookies too: