Delicious cinnamony, sweet, and salty cookies for your taste buds pleasure.
This year I decided to join in the 3rd Annual Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap hosted by White Lights on Wednesday. Basically I was paired up with another blogger and we each sent each other a cookie recipe to make and share with you today. I was paired up with Wendy from Around My Family Table and she sent me the recipe to her Cinnamon Chip Pretzel Cookies. (I subbed the almond flour for regular flour – and just did 1 1/2 cups regular flour instead of half and half).
I had never used cinnamon chips before, so I was excited to try these cookies out. The cinnamon chips just almost dissolve into the cookies to give them the perfect little bursts of cinnamon flavor throughout. Plus the pretzel on top, it just adds a slight crunch to the cookie plus that delicious salt flavor to make it the perfect sweet and salty flavor combo.
Don’t forget to head over to Around My Family Table to see which of our recipes we sent to her to make!
Cinnamon Chip Pretzel Cookies
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBS Butter (10 TBS, softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 24 whole pretzels
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together your butter and sugars until light and creamed.
- Add in your egg and vanilla extract and stir till combined.
- Dump in your flour, baking soda, and salt and mix everything together.
- Fold your cinnamon chips into the batter.
- Scoop 1 1/2 TBS of cookie dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Place cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart.
- Press a pretzel onto the top of each cookie.
- Bake cookies for about 12 minutes until they just start to turn golden and dough is set.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Enjoy these delicious cinnamon, sweet and salty cookies!
You might like these cookies too: