These cinnamon sugar biscuit donuts are an easy way way to have fresh, warm, donuts at home! The canned biscuits are deep fried and coated in cinnamon sugar, for a delicious, melt in your mouth donut!
Donuts are one of the things I often crave when I want something sweet. I usually go for a maple or chocolate donut, but I definitely don’t discriminate and I love all kinds of donuts. 😉 These cinnamon sugar biscuit donuts are such a great, quick solution for when I want donuts at home!
We made these when I was younger, and it was always so fun to have homemade fresh donuts. There is just something about a warm fresh donut, I could eat half a dozen of them at once.
These biscuit donuts couldn’t be easier to make. You only need three ingredients (+ oil) to make them.
**This post contains affiliate links, and I may earn a small commission when you click on the links, at no additional costs to you.
Ingredients Needed to make Cinnamon Sugar Biscuit Donuts:
- Large Canned Biscuits (I like Pillsbury Grands! Southern Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits)
- Granulated Sugar
How to make Biscuit Donuts?
Pop the can open, and separate each of your biscuits out from the can. Cut about 1 circular inch from the middle of each using a small cookie cutter, or a donut cutter. (You can also fry those up as donut holes).
When the oil is heated add 3-4 biscuits at a time in the pot and cook until the bottom side is golden, then flip them over and cook the other side till lightly golden.
Set them on a stack of paper towels to remove a little oil.
While they are still warm, dip all sides of the donuts into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Enjoy them warm!
Tips for making Cinnamon Sugar Biscuit Donuts:
- I usually use vegetable oil to cook these donuts. Canola oil, or peanut oil will also work.
- You want to make sure your oil isn’t too hot (if it’s too hot the donuts will cook too fast on the outside and not be cooked in the middle). You can add one donut hole to test the temperature before frying them all up.
- Obviously this recipe is for cinnamon sugar donuts, but you can top your biscuit donuts with whatever you want – I’ve used store bought chocolate frosting, powdered sugar, made a homemade maple icing, etc.
- Place any extra donuts in an airtight container. They can be stored for about 1 to 2 days at room temperature. Pop them in the microwave for about 15 seconds, or air fryer for a couple minutes to reheat and enjoy them warm again, if you want!
- You can also make biscuit donuts in the oven or air fryer! Find my instructions to make air fryer donuts here.
These cinnamon sugar biscuit donuts are such a delicious breakfast, or treat idea! They’re easy to make, and you can have homemade donuts in less than 30 minutes!
More Homemade Donut Recipes:
- Old Fashioned Donuts
- Apple Cider Donuts
- Maple Donuts
- Air Fryer Donuts
- Chocolate Donuts on Buns in my Oven
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Cinnamon Sugar Biscuit Donuts
- 16.3oz Grands! Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a large bottomed pot over medium heat. (Or in a deep fryer heated to 350)
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Separate each of the biscuits from the can and cut about 1 circular inch out of the middle of each. (You can fry those up as donut holes!)
- When the oil is heated, put each biscuit in into your pot and cook until the bottom side turns lightly golden, then flip over and cook the other side till golden. (About 1.5-2 minutes total)
- Set on paper towels to remove a little oil.
- While still warm, dip all sides of each donut in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Repeat with additional donuts (and donut holes) and enjoy warm!
These cinnamon sugar biscuit donuts were first posted on October 24, 2014. The photos are text were updated for clarity on May 18, 2021.