These air fryer donuts are a quick and simple way to have light and fluffy donuts at home! Delicious topped with a quick vanilla glaze, cinnamon sugar, and more!
Is anyone else obsessed with their air fryer? I literally use mine every day, and I can’t believe I’ve never shared any recipes on here with you guys until last week, when I shared our delicious Air Fried Oreos – but I promise there’s a lot more goodness to come, including these Air Fryer Donuts.
These donuts are totally cheater donuts, because the actual donut base is only one ingredient, refrigerated canned biscuits – plus instead of deep frying them like my cinnamon sugar biscuit donuts, they’re cooked up in just a couple minutes in the air fryer.
Air Fried Donuts are awesome because they’re made in less than 10 minutes, they’re healthier this way with out soaking in oil, and you still have soft and puffy donuts.
How to make Air Fried Donuts?
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
Pop open a can of large refrigerated biscuits. Remove the biscuits from the can. Use a donut cutter, or a small biscuit cutter or round cookie cutter to cut the center out of the biscuits.
Coat your air fryer lightly with coconut oil or olive oil and add half of the biscuits to the air fryer. Cook for about 5 minutes until they are a nice golden color.
Carefully remove them from the air fryer. Dip the warm biscuits in glaze, if desired. Coat biscuits in melted butter, and dip in cinnamon sugar if desired. Place them on a wire rack to let any excess glaze drip off. Let them set for a few minutes, then enjoy warm!
Tips for how to make Donuts in the Air Fryer:
- You can use any refrigerated biscuits, though the flaky biscuits give the fluffiest results. You can also use the smaller biscuits instead of the grands, and cook them for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Don’t put them too close together in your air fryer. You want there to be enough room for the air to flow freely.
- These are best enjoyed fresh, but will stay good at room temperature for a day or 2. Reheat them in the air fryer at 300 degrees until warm.
How to make Biscuit Donuts in the Oven?
You can also make these biscuit donuts in the oven if you don’t have an air fryer. They won’t be quite as crispy on the outside as when they are made in the air fryer or deep fried, but it works if that’s what you have. Heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, and bake the biscuits on a baking sheet for 10 to 15 minutes, or until they are cooked through and golden on the outside. When they come out of the oven top them with your toppings hot, just like you would out of the air fryer.
How to Top Air Fryer Donuts?
- Vanilla Glaze
- Maple Glaze
- Lemon or Orange Glaze – add some zest to the vanilla glaze recipe
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Frosting
These air fried donuts are one of those recipes that you’ll make again and again. They’re easy enough the kids can even help you out! And everyone will love being able to customize and choose what to put on them when they come out.
They’re such a fun and delicious option for breakfast or a snack!
More Air Fried Dessert Recipes?
- Air Fried Oreos
- Air Fryer Blueberry Hand Pies on Bakerish
- Air Fryer Churros on Plated Cravings
- Air Fryer Lava Cakes on Everyday Family Cooking
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Email
Air Fryer Donuts
- 16.3 oz Grands! Flaky Layers Original Biscuits
For the Vanilla Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 TBS hot water
For the Cinnamon Sugar:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 TBS ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Open the can of refrigerated biscuits, and separate out each of biscuits.
- Cut a 1.5inch hole out of the middle of each biscuit using a donut cutter, biscuit cutter, or cookie cutter.
- Lightly coat the air fryer basket with coconut oil, or olive oil.
- Place 4 of the donuts into the air fryer basket, spaced apart, with one in each corner.
- Cook the donuts in the air fryer for about 5 minutes, until they are golden and hot throughout.
For the Vanilla Glaze:
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and hot water in a medium sized bowl.
- Dip each of the donuts into the vanilla glaze. Place them on a cooling rack to let the excess glaze drip off and let it set.
- Let them set for a few minutes, then enjoy warm.
For the Cinnamon Sugar:
- Stir together the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- Use a pastry brush, or silicone brush to brush melted butter all over the donuts.
- Dip the donuts into the cinnamon sugar mixture, moving them around as needed to cover completely.
- Enjoy warm.
Autumn Brooke says
These look like they are straight from the donut shop! I hardly believe they are canned biscuits. Definitely need to try this.