These soft and chewy coconut pecan chocolate chip cookies are loaded with sweetened coconut, chopped pecans, and chocolate chips. They’ve got the best texture, and flavor combination, and are such a delicious cookie!
These coconut pecan chocolate chip cookies are some of the best cookies ever. They taste amazing, with bites of chocolate, chopped pecans, and shredded coconut in every bite. They have an amazing texture too, with the perfect slightly crispy edges, and soft and chewy middles. They’re also super easy to make, made in one bowl, without any chilling either! The triple combo for cookies, delicious, amazing texture, and easy to make!
You might have noticed some of my cookie recipes lately have been inspired by different cookie shops around. These cookies are inspired by Swig’s Coconut cookies, which are filled with chocolate chips, pecans, and coconut flakes. They’re not the cookie that Swig is most famous for, but I have a copycat for their popular sugar cookies too.
Some other cookie shop inspired cookies you might like, are my muddy buddy cookies, coconut lime sugar cookies or my mini levain chocolate chip cookies. I’m so glad I can make these cookies at home now, because now instead of paying a couple dollars per cookie, I can make a whole batch of cookies.
These coconut pecan chocolate chip cookies started with my chocolate chip cookie recipe, but just a couple of the amounts switched up just a teeny bit, and of course the additions of chopped pecans and shredded coconut. The combination of the three filling ingredients comes together so well, and I promise you’ll love these cookies as much as I do.
How to make Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies?
These cookies are like any other drop style cookie. Start by preheating the oven and lining your baking pans with parchment paper.
Then in a large bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Cream them together for 3 to4 minutes, or until the mixture is light and fluffy. Then add in the eggs, and vanilla extract and stir them in until combined.
Add in the dry ingredients, that’s the flour, baking soda, and salt. You also add in some finely crushed up cereal. You want to grind it up into a powder with a food processor or blender, because it is helping to keep your cookies thick. Stir it all together till you have a nice and soft cookie dough.
Add in the chocolate chips, coconut flakes, and chopped pecans. Fold it all together until they’re mixed in evenly throughout the dough.
Scoop the dough into large balls, and roll them smooth. Then place them evenly, a couple inches apart, onto the prepared cookie sheet. Top each cookie with a couple extra chocolate chips, pieces of coconut, or chopped pecans (if you want, it helps them look extra pretty).
Bake the cookies until the edges are slightly golden, and the tops are set. Then remove the pan from the oven. Let the cookies sit on the pan for another 5 to 10 minutes, as they’ll continue cooking a bit there.
How to store Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Let the cookies cool completely before storing them. Then the cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 or 6 days.
The cookies can also be packed up in a freezer safe bag or container, and kept in the freezer for up to 6 months. Let them thaw at room temperature before enjoying them.
You can also freeze the cookie dough. Portion the dough out into balls, then place them all on a cookie sheet and flash freeze them for about 30 minutes. Then throw the balls into a freezer safe bag. When you want to bake up the cookies, just bake the dough balls from frozen adding a couple extra minutes to the baking time.
These coconut pecan chocolate chip cookies are such a fun twist on the traditional chocolate chip cookie. With the perfect extra crunch in the cookie thanks to the coconut and pecans. It’s such a yummy flavor, and these cookies are going to be your new favorite!
More cookie recipes:
- Levain Cookie Recipe
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Biscoff Cookies
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the butter and sugars to a large bowl, and cream them together for about 2 minutes, till light and fluffy.
- Add om the eggs, and vanilla extract, and stir them into the mixture.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt, and stir it all together till you have a nice soft cookie dough.
- Dump in the coconut, pecans, and chocolate chips, and fold them into the dough till they are mixed in evenly.
- Scoop the dough into 2 TBS sized balls, and place them onto the prepared cookie sheet, 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake the prepared pan for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cookies start to turn a golden brown on top. The cookies may look slightly under baked, but will continue to cook on the pan.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the cookies cool on the pan for about 5 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely, or enjoy warm.