These mini chocolate chip cookies are tiny bite sized chocolate chip cookies that are soft, chewy and so delicious.
These mini chocolate chip cookies are so much fun! They’re the perfect little bite sized chocolate chip cookies, that are soft, chewy, and oh so cute. They’re like the perfect chocolate chip cookie but in mini, bite size, pop-able form!
I’ll be honest, these mini chocolate chip cookies are kind of a pain to make. The dough is a pretty normal cookie dough, but rolling the cookie dough balls out is a bit of a pain, because there are so many and they’re so small! But, for a special occasion these mini chocolate chip cookies are so fun to enjoy! And if you have one or two people helping you make them (one person scooping, one person rolling, and one person placing chocolate chips on top if you want to make them extra cute) that makes it go a lot quicker too.
This recipe makes about 90 miniature chocolate chip cookies. But they are quite small, so if you want more cookies to take to a party or a bigger crowd, you might want to double the recipe.
How to make mini chocolate chip cookies?
In a medium sized bowl, combine your butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Mix for about 2 minutes, until the mixture is nice and smooth and light in color. Add in your egg and vanilla extract and stir them together till just combined.
Measure your flour by using the scoop and level method, as this gets more accurate results for having the right amount of flour. You’ll do this scooping spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup then when it’s full use the back of a knife to swipe off the top of the excess flour and level it. Add the flour into the butter and egg mixture, then add cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until you have a nice and soft dough. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Scoop the cookie dough out by the teaspoon full. You don’t want the teaspoon to be heaping, maybe even somewhere in between a half teaspoon and a full teaspoon. Roll them all out into tiny balls. For the cutest cookies, top 3 to 5 more mini chocolate chips on top of the balls. Line them on a baking sheet lined with a silicone liner or parchment paper, about 1 inch apart. You’ll be able to fit about 35 to 40 cookies on a sheet.
The cookies only need to bake in the oven for about 6 to 7 minutes, until they’re just set on the top. They may look slightly under baked, but they’ll continue baking on the pan when you remove it from the oven. Let the cookies cool for about 10 minutes on the pan, then remove them to a cooling rack to cool.
Store any extra cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 to 5 days at room temperature. But I bet they won’t last you that long. 😉
These mini chocolate chip cookies are so delicious, adorable and fun. You’ll go back for more and more – but you won’t even feel bad about it, cause they’re so small and cute!
Looking for more chocolate chip cookie recipes?
- Levain Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour (measured with the level and scoop method)
- 1/2 TBS cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (divided)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add butter to a medium sized bowl with your brown sugar and white sugar, and beat at medium speed for about 2 minutes until nice and creamy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and stir till combined.
- Add in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Stir till you have a nice and soft dough.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of the mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into about 1 teaspoon sized balls (slightly smaller is okay, but don't go much bigger)
- Roll the dough into a ball and press 4 of 5 mini chocolate chips onto the top (for looks)
- Line the cookie balls onto a cookie sheet lined with a silicone liner or parchment paper, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes until the tops are just set. The cookies may look slightly under baked, they'll keep baking on the pan as they cool.
- Allow to cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.