With less than a month till baby boy joins our family, hubby and I are trying to take advantage of all the alone time we have together now, since we both know our lives will be drastically changed once there is a baby to make our family of two a family of three. Unfortunately though I don’t have a lot of energy right now, so sometimes our date nights turn into a date night in, but that doesn’t mean we can’t still make them as special and fun as a date night out with just a few special ingredients. (Plus its getting us ready for lots of date nights in with baby when he finally does come!)
This last weekend we had a simple but fun date night at home with just the two of us. Our favorite date night meal is pizza, and the easiest, cheapest and best way for us to have pizza at home is with a frozen pizza, like Tony’s Pizza, so of course that’s exactly what we had.
We decided to have a pretty casual date night in. We played a couple games, enjoyed some delicious Tony’s Pizza. I added some salad to my pizza to make it a little more healthy – plus that gave me the excuse of having the ranch dressing out to dip my pizza in. And we played a couple of our favorite 2 player games and then ended the night with a quick dessert. It was an awesome night spending time with my honey.
Like I said, this date night in was casual and easy for us to do. It was especially easy because I was able to head to Walmart, go straight to the freezer aisle, and then use a coupon for 75 cents off any two Tony’s pizzas. (Available while supplies last). I was impressed with the delicious taste of our Tony’s Pizza – they have a new pizzeria taste, made with real cheese and sauce made from tomatoes and a crispy crust that I love! Plus Tony’s Pizza is already cheaper than other frozen pizzas, so with the coupon it was a total steal!
A couple of our other favorite date night in ideas are:
- Rent a red box movie and enjoy watching the movie while cuddling together on your couch
- Make it an Italian night – get some Tony’s Pizza, gelato and a movie like The Italian Job or Life is Beautiful
- Make a fort out of blankets and chairs. Eat your dinner and play some card games inside the fort.
- Cook dinner together.
- Play video games. (Our favorite is to bust out our kinnect and see who is better at “bowling”)
- Have a fondue night. Even if you don’t have a fondue maker, you can heat it up over the stove top or in a crock pot.
And most of all remember to have fun together and enjoy spending time with your loved one!