This Rainbow Vegetable pizza is a delicious vegetarian pizza with the colors of the rainbow!
This rainbow veggie pizza is topped with broccoli, yellow peppers, orange peppers, tomatoes, red onion, and purple potatoes. Place the vegetables on the pizza row by row to create a beautiful rainbow of colors that makes this pizza not only delicious, but so pretty too!
Everyone loves pizza, so this veggie pizza is one of the best fun ways to get healthy veggies to your mouth and tummy.
You can choose any of your favorite vegetables in each color, instead of yellow pepper try corn, instead of broccoli try zucchini or green bell pepper, instead of orange peppers try butternut squash. Choose your favorites so you know you’ll love this pizza!
With a refrigerator full of vegetables and naan flatbread in my freezer, I was ready to prepare this easy meal. Yes, you can freeze naan bread – the package I purchased had 4 and Craig and I usually only eat 1 at a time, so freezing is the perfect solution- and the flatbread thaws out quickly. And if you are one of those super organized people who cut up their vegetables as soon as they bring them home from the market, this will be even easier for you. But if you are like me, then you will probably have to take a little time in preparing your veggies but only a few minutes.
I made my own homemade pizza sauce with a little tomato sauce and spices, but feel free to use your favorite recipe, or any store bought pizza sauce will work. You could even make the pizza with pesto, or alfredo sauce instead!
To assemble the pizzas you’ll spread your favorite pizza sauce all over the naan bread. Sprinkle the cheese over the top (I did about 1/2 cup per naan bread, but you could use a little less to make the pizza even healthier). The spread the chopped vegetables out row by row to make the beautiful rainbow pattern. Drizzle the top with a little olive oil, and sprinkle on some Italian seasonings, and bake it all up until the veggies are all cooked through and the flatbread starts to turn golden brown!
You won’t feel guilty eating this vegetable pizza because it’s not super loaded with cheese and its covered with so many vegetables, that are good for you!
I originally saw this idea for a recipe at Gimme Some Oven
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 1 - 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasonings (divided)
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup purple potatoes (scrubbed and diced)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup broccoli (cut bite size)
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes (diced)
- 1/4 cup orange bell pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper (diced)
- In a small saucepan pour your tomato sauce and add the oregano, basil, garlic salt, and half the Italian seasoning
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and then lower to low to keep warm
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Place your naan flatbread on a cookie sheet
- Spread your warm pizza sauce all over both flatbreads
- Sprinkle with the grated mozzarella
- Place your vegetables in rows to present a rainbow look (see pictures)
- Spray with a mist oil olive
- Sprinkle the other 1 tsp of Italian seasoning over the top
- Place in 425 degree oven and bake for 20 minutes until purple potatoes are done
- Let cool for a few minutes before cutting and eating*
Enjoy this delicious colorful and vegetarian pizza!
Oh my goodness this pizza is so pretty and looks even yummier
This looks so good! My kids would love it!
This looks delightful! I love pizza – with just about anything on it!
Jesseca Hallows says
This would be fun to make with my little guy! Looks good.
Becky @ Project Domestication says
I LOVE rainbow pizzas! Your version looks divine!