These Easter Egg Mini Cheesecakes are adorable mini cheesecakes topped with shredded coconut and mini egg candies for the perfect cute Bird Nest Easter dessert!
I love mini cheesecakes, because they seem more doable than a whole cheesecake (like this blueberry cheesecake). There’s never a bad day to have cheesecake and these Easter Egg Mini Cheesecakes are the perfect addition to your Easter dinner spread.
To make these Easter Mini Cheesecakes, you don’t even need a special pan. You can bake your mini cheesecakes up in a muffin pan. Use muffin liners for even easier removal of the mini cheesecakes when they’re done baking.
There’s no need to worry about a water bath for these, and even if the tops crack a little you’ll be topping them with coconut, so no one will see it. It’ll be our little secret.
These mini cheesecakes are so perfect for Easter, decorated on top to look like a little birds nest filled with eggs. And of course for the eggs you can use any of your favorite Easter candy egg varieties, Cadbury mini eggs, speckled M&M Easter eggs, Whopper Robin Eggs, or even jelly beans.
This mini cheesecake recipe is so good, starting with an easy buttery graham cracker crust, that you’ll bake for just a couple minutes. Top that with your smooth cheesecake filling and bake it up till it’s done. Once the cheesecake is cooled, top them with your coconut and egg candies, for the perfect Easter treats!
Can these Easter Egg Mini Cheesecakes be made ahead of time?
These mini Easter cheesecakes can be made a couple of days ahead of time if needed. Make the cheesecakes, but don’t add the topping till you serve them. Store them covered in an airtight container in the fridge. Then a couple hours before, or when you are ready to serve them just top them with your coconut and mini eggs.
How to make Mini Cheesecakes?
These mini cheesecake are simple to make, with only a few steps. You’ll start with your graham cracker crust. Pulse some graham crackers until you have a nice crumb, mix that up with a little sugar and butter. Then put a spoonful into each of the muffin liner lined muffin pan spots. Press the crumb down with a spoon. Bake for about 5 minutes.
While those cool, you’ll make your cheesecake filling. Beat your cream cheese till it’s nice and smooth. Then add in your sugar, heavy cream, and sour cream. Beat it all together for a couple minutes till it’s nice and creamy and smooth. Add in a little vanilla extract. Then stir in your egg. Fold in the flour and salt. Scoop the cheesecake batter into each of the prepared crusts. I put about 2-3 TBS into each.
Bake the cheesecake up in the oven for about 18 to 20 minutes until the edges of the cheesecake are set, but the middles may jiggle a little. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the cheesecakes to cool on the countertop for about 1 hour. Then place them in the fridge to chill for another hour.
While the cheesecakes are cooling, or when you’re almost ready to serve. Top your cheesecakes with your coconut. You can use toasted shredded coconut, regular shredded coconut, or dyed green shredded to top your mini cheesecakes. The toasted coconut makes the perfect bird’s nest branches, and the green color looks like a pretty grass.
Add three chocolate candy eggs to each coconut nest and serve.
These darling Easter egg cheesecakes are the perfect addition for an Easter egg hunt pot luck lunch, Easter dinner, or just anytime on a spring day.
The mini cheesecakes are so easy to make, and you have adorable, portion sized, creamy, tangy, delicious cheesecakes. Seriously, I can’t resist a good cheesecake and these mini Easter egg cheesecakes are total winners!
Looking for more cute Easter treats?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Email
Easter Egg Mini Cheesecakes
For the Crust:
- 4 whole graham cracker cookies
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 TBS butter (melted)
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 6 TBS white sugar
- 2 TBS heavy cream
- 2 TBS sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 TBS flour
- 1 pinch salt
For the Topping:
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 27 small chocolate candy eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse your graham cracker crumbs in a blender or food processor until you have a fine crumb.
- Add the sugar and melted butter to the graham cracker crumbs and mix with a fork.
- Add cupcake liners to 9 spots in a muffin tin.
- Scoop about 1 TBS of graham cracker crumbs into each cupcake liner. Press down the crumbs into the bottom and slightly up the sides to make a crust.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Allow the crust to cool for a few minutes when done.
- In a large bowl, mix your cream cheese till smooth
- Add in the sugar, heavy cream, and sour cream, and mix over medium for about 2 minutes till nice and smooth.
- Stir in your vanilla extract. Then stir in your egg until just combined.
- Toss in the salt and flour and stir till just combined.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture evenly into the prepared graham cracker crusts.
- Place cheesecakes in the heated oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes until the sides are set but the center is just slightly jiggly.
- Allow the cheesecakes to cool on the counter for 1 hour. Then place them in the fridge to chill for about 1 more hour till totally chilled.
- When you're ready to serve the cheesecakes, prepare your coconut.
For the Toasted Coconut:
- Add coconut to a baking pan and bake in the oven at 325 degrees, stirring every 2 minutes till toasted.
For the Green Coconut:
- Stir the coconut and about 3-4 drops food coloring in a small bowl till coconut is fully coated and green.
- Spread coconut over the top of each cheesecake to look like grass or sticks.
- Place 3 chocolate candy eggs onto each cheesecake, to represent bird eggs.
These are so cute and so good. Thanks for sharing this cute and yummy treat with us.