Cute Easter Bunny Cookies that are easy to make and so adorable – perfect for celebrating Easter or the spring season!
After making my reindeer cookies last Christmas, I decided I could figure out a way to make Bunny Cookies for Easter too. Thus these Easter bunny cookies were born.
These cookies are so simple to make, and they turn out so adorable! I started with a cake mix cookie base, but your favorite sugar cookie recipe would do too. Top it with a store bought or a homemade white frosting, some sliced up marshmallows covered in sprinkles, candy eyes, nilla wafers and a cute button sixlet (or m&m) nose.
To make the bunny ears you’ll cut a large marshmallow in half diagonally. Stick each middle into pink sanding sugar and because its nice and gooey in the middle the sugar will stick. I also snipped a little off of each corner of the marshmallow pieces (perpendicular to the diagonal cut) to make the marshmallows a little flatter so they’ll stick to the cookie easier.
So basically you’ll decorate each cookie with white frosting. Stick the mini Nilla Wafers on the bottom half, using frosting stick a pink m&m or sixlet onto the top of the Nilla Wafer to make the bunny nose. Stick two candy eyes above the nose and stick two ears on the top and voila.
Easter Bunny Cookies
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can white frosting (or 1-2 cups homemade vanilla frosting)
- 24-28 mini Nilla Wafers
- 24-28 pink m&ms or sizlets
- 1 package candy eyes
- 24-28 large marshmallows
- pink sanding sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl combine your cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil and stir together to make a thick cookie batter.
- Scoop 1½ - 2 TBS of dough and roll into a ball. Repeat with additional dough.
- Place 12 cookies onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Bake cookies for about 8 minutes until the tops start to get crinkly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Spread frosting over the top of a cookie.
- Place one nilla wafer onto the bottom half of cookie.
- Place two candy eyes above the nilla wafer.
- Attach one sixlet to each Nilla wafer using frosting.
- Cut each marshmallow in half diagonally. Dip the middles of each marshmallow into the sanding sugar. Cut the back off of each marshmallow half to make them thinner.
- Stick two marshmallows onto each cookie to make ears.
- Allow frosting to set and serve!