These Easter Muddy Buddies are such a fun and tasty Easter treat, with peanut butter chocolate muddy buddies, speckled egg m&ms, marshmallow bunny tails, and spring sprinkles.
These Easter Muddy Buddies are such a fun spring treat. They are perfect for a treat before or after Easter dinner, for an Easter egg hunt, or any spring party, or picnic you might be having?!
These are traditional muddy buddies stuffed full of a few tasty additions to make them the perfect Easter treat. I added speckled egg peanut butter m&ms for some Easter eggs, mini marshmallows to represent bunny tails, and a mix of my favorite springy sprinkles.
Some Easter treats you could add to your Easter muddy buddies:
- speckled egg peanut butter m&ms
- mini cadbury eggs
- whopper robin eggs
- any spring m&ms
- spring pastel candy corn
- reeses pieces eggs
- colored marshmallows
Muddy buddies are one of my favorite treats of all time. I love the sweet chocolate and peanut butter combination, I love the crunch of the cereal. They’re the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth craving.
I love all types of muddy buddies, though traditional muddy buddies with chocolate and peanut butter are my favorite. I also love strawberry puppy chow, snickerdoodle muddy buddies, smores muddy buddies, and more!
The fun colors of the Easter m&ms, and sprinkles, add the perfect spring touch to these muddy buddies, but you could also mix the peanut butter with candy melts instead of chocolate chips to give the muddy buddies fun different colors, like I did with my Valentine Puppy Chow. Separate them into a couple different groups to give the muddy buddies multiple colors. Pink, purple, green, blue, or yellow would all be fun!
If you use candy melts instead of chocolate chips you’ll have more of a white chocolate and peanut butter flavor instead of chocolate and peanut butter. Still delicious, just a little different!
This puppy chow can be stored in an airtight container or ziplock bag for about 1 week. It will stay the best and the most crunchy within the first 2 days though.
These Easter Muddy Buddies are the perfect fun, and adorable, and delicious twist to enjoy throughout the months of March and April, and really all spring long!
Looking for more Easter Treat Recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Easter Muddy Buddies
- 9 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups speckled egg Peanut Butter M&Ms
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup spring sprinkles
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Add the chex cereal to a large bowl, set aside.
- Combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter, in a medium sized microwave proof bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds if needed till you can stir smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal and gently stir to coat the cereal evenly with the mixture.
- Add the cereal to a large gallon sized Ziplock bag, and add in the powdered sugar.
- Close the bag tightly and shake to cover the cereal completely with powdered sugar.
- Pour the muddy buddies into a clean bowl and stir in the m&ms, marshmallows, and sprinkles.
- Pour the treat onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and allow chocolate to fully set for about an hour, then place in an airtight container to store, or eat immediately.