Fruit smoothie recipes are easy to make, and perfect for an easy breakfast or snack! You only need a few ingredients and a blender and you’re ready to go!
I love fruit smoothies. I love making them up for breakfast, for a snack, or for something healthier when I’m craving something sweet.
One of my best friend’s and I bonded the first time over drinking smoothies together. She and I had class together my first semester at BYU, it was a freshman English class, and I hadn’t gotten my meal card yet (where I was allotted money each day for food at the different food places on campus) so after class she offered to buy me a smoothie from Jamba Juice on campus. We were best friends ever since. 🙂
Smoothies are great because they are so easy! And you can you can whip them together with just a few ingredients. You can choose what kind of fruit, juice, yogurt, etc to have all types of different flavors of smoothies.
You can have it be a berry smoothie, a tropical smoothie, banana orange, strawberry pineapple, etc. Try different kinds of fruits and yogurts to change the flavor.
Easy Fruit Smoothie
I usually like using orange juice in my smoothies, but mango juice, pineapple juice, apple juice, or any other juice will work, the possibilities are endless. You can also use milk or almond milk or even water if you have nothing else.
I left this recipe a little vague so you can change the ingredients how you want to fit your flavor choices or the ingredients you have on hand. I almost always use this same ratio for smoothies, no matter what flavors.
Here we’ve got:
- Pineapple Juice + 1 cup pineapple + 1 cup mango + vanilla yogurt + banana + 1 cup spinach
- Apple juice + 2 cups mixed berries + huckleberry yogurt
- Orange Banana Juice + 1 cup pineapple + 1 cup peach + vanilla yogurt + banana
- Orange Juice + 2 cups strawberries + strawberry yogurt + banana
The possibilities are endless!
What’s your favorite smoothie flavor?
How to Make A Fruit Smoothie
- 1 cup fruit juice
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 cups frozen fruit
- 1 small banana (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend on high until desired consistency is reached. Add a little more juice or a little more frozen fruit (or ice) as needed to get desired consistency.
Recipe first published on March 7, 2014. Photos and text updated on April 30, 2018