This peanut butter banana smoothie is only 5 ingredients, and blends together in just minutes. Its got the perfect peanut butter and banana flavors for a delicious smoothie everyone will love!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and make a purchase, I will get a very small percentage in commission. There is no extra cost to you. I only link to products I use or own. Your help in supporting us and our blog is appreciated.
I love starting my morning with a sweet energizing smoothie, or giving myself a little burst of energy in the afternoon. This peanut butter banana smoothie is the perfect little burst of energy for your day.
I can’t claim this peanut butter banana smoothie recipe is healthy by any means, but it has to be better than eating a candy bar, bowl of ice cream, or some cookies, right? It’s a great way to stick to your new years resolutions, but have a little something sweet at the same time.
For some reason, I always forget how much I like smoothies. Then I make one, and it only takes a couple minutes and I remember how easy and delicious it is and I’m “sold” once again. Recently I made this peanut butter banana smoothie and it was delicious! And I’ve made it dozens of times since then, so I hope you’ll like it as much as I do!
It only takes about 2 minutes to blend all the ingredients together and then you can pour it in a glass and enjoy it. With a straw of course.
All you need to make this delicious peanut butter banana smoothie is creamy peanut butter, a banana, milk, yogurt, and ice.
How to Make a Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie?
- Add your ingredients to your smoothie in the order listed, yogurt, peanut butter, milk, banana, then ice.
- Blend it up until the smoothie is nice and creamy and blended.
- Serve in two glasses.
- Top with chocolate syrup or peanut butter if desired and enjoy!
Tips for making Peanut Butter Banana Smoothies:
- You can use frozen or fresh bananas, whichever you have. You may need more ice if your banana is fresh, or have a thinner smoothie. TIP: Anytime I have extra bananas, or they start to get too ripe on the counter, I’ll peel them, cut them in halves and place them in a freezer safe bag to keep in the freezer for whenever I need them.
- You can use any milk you have on hand, from one percent dairy milk, to whole dairy milk, to almond milk, soy milk, etc. The flavors of different milks, may change the flavor of the smoothie slightly.
- You can use vanilla, or plain yogurt. Other yogurts will change the flavor of the smoothie. I like to use low fat yogurt, or greek yogurt for extra protein. TIP: You can also leave the yogurt out if needed, though the smoothie may be a little less creamy.
I topped my smoothie with a little chocolate syrup and melted peanut butter, for appearances, but it does also added just a little of those flavors to make the smoothie extra tasty!
This peanut butter banana smoothie is a perfect protein rich smoothie, packed full of anywhere from about 13g to 18g of protein depending on the type of milk and yogurt used.
I love this peanut butter banana smoothie for a quick breakfast, afternoon snack, or for a lighter late night treat. It’s creamy, sweet, and so delicious, and a great way to start or end my day.
Looking for more Smoothie Recipes?
- How to Make a Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Spinach Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 1/2 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk (leave out for a little bit of a thicker smoothie)
- 1 large banana (frozen is better if you have it)
- 1 cup ice (add more ice to make the smoothie a little thicker)
- Throw all your ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses and serve
This peanut butter banana smoothie was first posted on January 1, 2016. The photos and text were updated for clarity on January 3, 2022.
MAKE THIS DELICIOUS PEANUT BUTTER BANANA SMOOTHIE WITH THE HELP OF THIS KITCHEN TOOL:
I just love the flavor combo of peanut butter and banana – don’t you?!