These Fourth of July cookies start with a yummy chocolate chip cookie base, that is filled with red, white, and blue m&ms, white chocolate chips and sprinkles. They’re such a fun and delicious patriotic cookie that is perfect for the Fourth of July!
These Fourth of July cookies are so soft, chewy, and so delicious. The base for the recipe is based off my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, with just a couple small tweaks. But instead of chocolate chips these cookies are loaded with white chocolate, m&ms, and sprinkles!
The cookies are easy to make, soft and chewy, with just the right amount of crispiness on the edges, and of course so delicious.
How to make Fourth of July Cookies?
These cookies are pretty basic. You’ll start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
I like to make the cookie dough in one bowl so I’m not dirtying up an extra bowl. You will stir by creaming together your butter and sugars. Mix them for about 2 minutes, until they’re nice and creamy and fluffy. Then add in your eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until they are just combined.
You can separately whisk your dry ingredients together, but I just dump them straight in with my wet ingredients. You’ll need flour, baking soda, and salt. Make sure to measure your flour by doing the spoon and level method (that means you spoon the flour into the measuring cup till it’s practically overflowing then level the top off with a straight knife and brush off the extra flour). Mix it all together till you have a nice and soft dough.
Then you’ll fold in the m&ms, white chocolate chips, and sprinkles. Scoop the cookie dough into 2 Tablespoon sized balls, and roll them into balls. I also like to press a couple extra m&ms and white chocolate chips on the top to make them extra nice looking.
Place the cookie dough balls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner, and bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until the cookies are golden brown on the edges and the tops are just set. Remove the pan from the oven and let the cookies continue sitting on the cookie sheet for 5 to 10 minutes as they’ll continue cooking a bit in the middle while they’re there. Then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely, or enjoy warm.
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature, on the counter for up to 4 or 5 days.
Tips to make Fourth of July Cookies?
- If your cookie dough is too soft and your cookies spread too much in the oven you can chill the cookie dough in the refrigerator, or add a little more flour. Try adding a couple extra Tablespoons of flour to the dough.
- If you want to make these cookies ahead of time, you can freeze the cookie dough in balls then bake them up right before you need them. Add a couple minutes to the baking time.
- You can also freeze the baked cookies. Let them cool completely then freeze them wrapped in plastic wrap then foil or a ziplock bag. Let them thaw to room temperature before serving when you need them.
- Top the cookie dough balls with extra m&ms and white chocolate chips before baking to make the cookies extra nice looking.
These cookies are so delicious, and they’re sure to be a hit for the Fourth of July! They’re loved by kids and adults alike, and they’re perfect for whipping up a batch for all your July 4th celebrations, a back yard bbq, potluck at the park, watching the fireworks, you name it.
Looking for more Fourth of July recipes?
- 4th of July Fruit Pizza
- Red White and Blue Trifle
- Red White and Blue Muddy Buddies
- 4th of July Mini Cheesecakes
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks, softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup red, white, and blue m&ms
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 TBS red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Beat until it's light and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and stir till just combined.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir together till you have a nice soft dough.
- (If the dough is too soft, add in more flour 1 TBS at a time)
- Fold in the m&ms, white chocolate chips, and sprinkles.
- Scoop the cookie dough into large 2 TBS sized cookie balls onto an baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until the sides are golden and the tops are just set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the cookies sit on the pan for 5 to 10 minutes, as they'll continue cooking.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely, or enjoy warm.