How to make red white and blue muddy buddies?
To start, you’ll need 6 cups of chex cereal, 1 cup each of red, white, and blue candy melts, and powdered sugar. First separate the Chex cereal into three separate medium sized bowls, with two cups each.
In a small bowl, microwave the red candy melts at half power, in 30 second increments, until you can stir them smooth, stirring after each time. Spoon the melted candy melts over the chex cereal and stir it all together until the cereal is evenly coated. Then add the cereal to a large ziplock bag, and add in 1/3 cup of powdered sugar. Shake the bag until the cereal is evenly coated with the powdered sugar. Spread into a bowl, or onto a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Repeat with the blue, and white candy melts. Mix in some red, white, and blue m&ms, and sprinkles for fun. Stir them all together, or carefully add them separately to a bowl, in sections.
These patriotic muddy buddies can be enjoyed for up to a week if stored in airtight container.
Looking for more patriotic recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Red, White, and Blue Muddy Buddies
- 6 cups chex cereal (divided)
- 1 cup red candy melts
- 1 cup blue candy melts
- 1 cup white candy melts
- 1 cup powdered sugar (divided)
- 1 cup red, white, and blue m&ms
- Separate the Chex cereal into three separate medium bowls, with 2 cups each.
- Add the red candy melts to a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave at half power, in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until you can stir it smooth.
- Add the cereal to a gallon sized ziplock bag and add 1/3 cup of the powdered sugar. Shake the bag to fully coat the cereal with the powdered sugar.
- Pour it out onto a cookie sheet.
- Repeat with the blue candy melts, then the white candy melts.
- Add red white and blue candy and sprinkles, and stir it all together.