These Fruity Pebble Rice Krispie Treats are a fun, colorful, no bake treat, loaded with fruity pebbles cereal, crisp rice cereal, all covered in gooey marshmallowey goodness.
These fruity pebble rice krispie treats are such a fun twist on traditional rice kripie treats. They’re a little fruity, crispy, and gooey – and so fun to make and eat!
The beautiful bright rainbow colors of the Fruity Pebbles cereal makes these treats so colorful and fun. They’re a great option for St. Patrick’s Day, movie night, or a summer bbq!
Ingredients needed to make Fruity Pebble Rice Krispie Treats:
- mini marshmallows
- vanilla extract
- fruity pebbles cereal
- crisp rice cereal
How to make Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispie Treats?
Start by melting the butter in a large pot over medium low heat. (Heating it on low keeps the treats soft).
Then add in most of the mini marshmallows, and let them melt, stirring the whole time until they are fully melted. Stir in the vanilla extract, and salt.
Add in the cereals, and remaining marshmallows and fold it all together until the cereal is evenly coated in the marshmallow mixture.
Pour the cereal mixture into a 9×13 pan, and gently press the mixture down evenly. Let the bars sit until they are cooled.
Cut them up and enjoy.
Tips for making Fruity Pebble Rice Krispie Treats:
- Make sure to use fresh ingredients for your fruity pebble rice krispie treats. If you have old cereal or marshmallows your treats will taste and feel stale.
- You can use a variety of amounts of the two cereals, just use a total of 6 cups of cereal. You can use 4 cups fruity pebbles, 2 cups rice cereal, etc. I don’t like all fruity pebble cereal because I don’t feel like the texture is as crispy, and they are overly sweet.
- Make sure to melt the butter and marshmallows over low heat. The bars will turn out hard and crunchy if the mixture melts too fast over high heat.
- Press your marshmallow cereal evenly into the pan, but don’t press them too hard. You want the bars to be soft and gooey, not hard like bricks.
If you love fruity pebbles then you will love these fun rainbow treats!
Looking for more rice krispie treat recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Fruity Pebble Rice Krispie Treats
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3 cups fruity pebbles cereal
- Melt butter over medium low heat in a large sauce pan.
- Add in 5 cups of the marshmallows, and stir together until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and add in the vanilla extract, and salt and sti them into the marshmallows.
- Add in the crisp rice cereal, and fruity pebbles cereal, and remaining mini marshmallows, and fold them into the melted marshmallows.
- Pour the gooey cereal into a 9x13 pan and gently press down evenly. Don't press too hard, or the bars will get hard.
- Let the bars cool, and set. Cut them up and enjoy.