Lucky Charms Rice Krispie Treats are delicious gooey krispie treats made with lucky charm cereal instead! Dip them in white chocolate for a super fun sweet treat!
Lucky charms rice krispie treats are so good! You get crunchy lucky charm cereal covered in gooey marshmallows. Who doesn’t want extra marshmallows with the gooey marshmallows and the actual Lucky Charms marshmallows.
You guys know how much I love rice krispie treats from the traditional rice krispie treats, to ones made with cap’n crunch cereal, or covered in caramel and chocolate. So why wouldn’t I love rice krispie treats with lucky charms?!
To keep the treats from turning too hard quickly, you’ll first want to cook the marshmallows and butter on a low heat, and slowly so they come together just right. Second, when you are placing the coated cereal into the baking pan, don’t press it down too much into the pan otherwise you’ll have hard cereal bars! 🙁
But you want them nice and gooey, like this!
If you want to dip the treats into white chocolate, you can, and I totally like them dipped, but they’re good without the white chocolate too!
These cereal bars are such a good no bake treat! I made them in honor of St. Patrick’s Day because the rainbows, and clovers, and pots of gold 😉 but they’d be so fun for an after school snack, or any time of year!
And because they’re made of cereal they’re totally okay to eat for breakfast too, right 😉
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 TBS butter (1/2 stick)
- 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 2 cups white chocolate (optional)
- Melt butter over medium low heat in a large sauce pan.
- Add in the marshmallows and stir together, while melting, until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour in Lucky Charms cereal and stir until cereal is evenly coated.
- Pour cereal treats into a greased 9x13 pan. Carefully press down evenly.
- Allow to cool for an hour or two before cutting into shapes.
- Microwave white chocolate for 1 minute, stirring after. Microwave for additional 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until creamy.
- Dip bottom of cereal bars into melted white chocolate.
- Place on waxed paper or parchment and let sit until white chocolate sets.