These Valentine’s Day Popcorn Balls are delicious marshmallow popcorn balls stuffed full of white chocolate, valentine m&ms, and sprinkles. Such a fun and adorable Valentine’s Day treat!
These Valentine’s Day popcorn balls are a treat that everyone will love – kids and grown ups alike. They are so darling and so easy to make too.
Valentine’s Day Popcorn balls are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat. They are a simple and delicious marshmallow popcorn, stuffed full of white chocolate, red, pink, and white m&ms, and Valentine’s sprinkles. Then rolled up into balls, for the perfect handheld treat.
These popcorn balls would be so fun for a Valentine’s Day party at your house, or a classroom party, (if your kids are allowed to take treats to school – I know some don’t allow it) or package them up in little cellophane bags to deliver to your friends and neighbors.
I love making cute festive treats for different holidays, Valentine’s Day. 4th of July, Halloween, etc. These cute popcorn balls are no exception. Plus, they’re made in only about 10 minutes, and you can’t beat that!
These marshmallow popcorn balls are made just like my rice krispie treats, with butter, marshmallows – and for an extra burst of yummy vanilla extract. Find out exactly how to make them here —>
How to make popcorn balls?
For these popcorn balls, you’ll first need popped popcorn. You can use a bag or two of microwave popcorn, an air popper, or pop your popcorn on the stove top. You’ll need about 10 cups total (which is about 5 TBS of unpopped popcorn, or you can round up to 1/3 cup). Set the popped popcorn aside.
In a large pot on the stove over medium heat, you’ll melt some butter. After the butter is melted you’ll add in your mini marshmallows and cook it together, stirring often until the marshmallows are all melted. Once they are melted stir in some vanilla extract. Then stir in your popped popcorn.
Make sure to coat your popcorn evenly with the marshmallow mixture. Pour the mixture out onto some parchment paper then sprinkle half of your m&ms, white chocolate chips and sprinkles.
Separate the popcorn into 8 to 10 popcorn balls, and roll them up into balls. Add the remaining m&ms, white chocolate chips and sprinkles to the outsides of the balls. Move as quickly as you can on these because the marshmallow starts to harden and the mix ins won’t stick as well.
Enjoy the popcorn balls immediately, or store them in a ziplock bag or other airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
These Valentine Popcorn Balls are the perfect sweet and salty treat. They’re chewy, gooey marshmallowy treats stuffed full of little bursts of chocolate and white chocolate.
They’re adorable, delicious, and the perfect red, white, and pink treat for Valentine’s day!
Looking for more Valentine’s Day treats:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 6 TBS unpopped popcorn (12 cups popped popcorn)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cup red, pink, and white m&ms
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 TBS Valentine sprinkles
- Pop your popcorn in an airpopper, pan, or use microwave popcorn. Sift out any unpopped kernels.
- Sprinkle popcorn all over with salt (unless using microwave popcorn)
- In a large pan over medium low heat, melt your butter.
- Add in the marshmallows and stir constantly until the marshmallows are melted and creamy.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Pour in the popcorn and stir to coat popcorn evenly with the marshmallow.
- Pour the popcorn out onto parchment paper.
- Sprinkle half of the m&ms, white chocolate chips and sprinkles over the popcorn.
- Separate the popcorn into 8 pieces.
- Spray your hands with nonstick spray and roll the popcorn pieces into balls.
- Press additional m&ms, white chocolate chips and sprinkles into the popcorn balls.
- Place balls on parchment and allow to set for about an hour.
- Store in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.