This honey glazed shrimp has a sweet sauce made with pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, garlic and brown sugar. It’s delicious on it’s own, or served with rice or quinoa for a great healthy dinner!
I love shrimp. It’s so delicious and one of my favorite types of seafood. I am always looking for new recipes for how to prepare shrimp and this honey glazed shrimp is definitely a new favorite of mine.
The glaze was originally for salmon, and I’m sure it would be wonderful with salmon too. But it’s so good on this shrimp.
(You could definitely take this sweet honey marinade recipe and cook it on salmon, or chicken as well!)
There is just a little honey in the glaze, but the whole marinade is sweet and delicious with lots of other yummy ingredients. It has brown sugar, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, garlic.
How to make Honey Glazed Shrimp?
Combine all the ingredients for the Sweet Honey Marinade in a medium sized bowl. You’ll need brown sugar, teriyaki sauce, pineapple juice, honey, garlic, dijon mustard, sesame oil, olive oil, and a dash of red pepper flakes.
Add your shrimp to an airtight container, like a pyrex or ziptop bag. Then pour the marinade over the top to cover it completely. Stick the container in the fridge for at least 1 hour (up to 6 hours).
When you’re ready to cook your shrimp pour it all into a medium to large saute pan, and heat it up over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Flip each of the shrimp and cook until the shrimp is cooked through. The shrimp should be white with some pink or red accents so you know it’s cooked. Remove the shrimp from the pan and continue cooking the sauce until it thickens slightly. Pour it over the shrimp and serve it up as is, or over rice, or quinoa, etc.
What to serve with Honey Glazed Shrimp?
This honey glazed shrimp is so tasty on it’s own, but in case you need some ideas to make a whole meal of it, here you go!
- Roasted or steamed broccoli
- Roasted Asparagus
- Side Salad
This honey glazed shrimp is a delicious, perfectly cooked, shrimp, coated in the best sweet, sticky sauce. It’s a perfect healthy dish, that the whole family will love!
More shrimp recipes:
- Shrimp Tacos
- Shrimp Parmesan
- Honey Garlic and Orange Shrimp Kebabs
- Creamy Tuscan Shrimp on Salt and Lavender
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Honey Glazed Shrimp
For the Honey Glaze:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce (I like Mr. Yoshida's brand)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 TBS honey
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 TBS sesame oil
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 sprinkle red pepper flakes
For the Shrimp:
- 20 large shrimp (uncooked, tails removed, deveined)
- Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade, in a medium sized bowl.
- Put the shrimp into an airtight container, like a pyrex or ziptop bag.
- Pour the marinade over the shrimp
- Seal the container and place it in the fridge for up to 1 hour (up to 6 hours).
- Remove the shrimp from the fridge and pour everything into the sauce pan.
- Saute the shrimp over medium high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Turn over each of the shrimp and cook for another couple of minutes until shrimp is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and set onto a plate.
- Continue to simmer the marinade until it thickens slightly. Once it is a thick enough consistency, remove it from the heat.
- Pour the marinade over the shrimp, and any rice, or veggies you're serving it with.
This honey glazed shrimp was first posted on August 20, 2014. The photos and blog text were updated on March 12, 2021.