This honey lime salmon is ready in less than 1 hour. It’s a sweet, flakey salmon that is lightly caramelized on the outside, and fall apart tender in the middle.
Everyone always needs more easy, and healthy dinner ideas – and this honey lime salmon is a great one to add to your list. It makes a great weeknight dinner, paired with some rice and veggies.
This dish is a great easy dinner idea for salmon lovers. It’s got such a yummy flavor profile, and makes a simple, great meal paired with cilantro lime rice.
The Best Honey Salmon
- Quick and Easy – This salmon is super easy to make, with only a few simple ingredients, and only a few minutes of actual prep work!
- Great Texture – The outside of the salmon gets a nice carmelized texture, with crunchy bits on the thin edges, and the inside of the salmon is a soft, buttery, flakey perfection.
- Meal Prep Friendly – This salmon dish is super easy to make at the beginning of week, and package up with some rice and veggies to have for lunches all week long.
- Sweet and Tangy Flavor – A great tangy, and sweet honey flavor from the sticky honey lime glaze
Ingredients for Honey Lime Salmon
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Honey Lime Salmon Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- Salmon Fillets
- Fresh Lime Juice and lime zest – from fresh limes
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
How to make Lime Salmon
- Make the marinade by combining the honey, lime juice, lime zest, teriyaki sauce, olive oil and garlic in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Marinate the salmon in about two-thirds of the honey glaze in a container with a lid, or in a ziplock bag, and place it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Cook the salmon with the skin side down on a prepared cedar plank, in a preheated grill or oven. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Coat the salmon in the remaining marinade while cooking, 1 or 2 times while it is cooking. Serve hot topped with fresh cilantro, green onion, lime slices, and your choice of sides.
Garlic Honey Salmon Tips
- Fresh Ingredients – Choose a fresh, high quality salmon, and a fresh lime to juice for the best results
- Marinade – If you’re in a hurry you can soak the salmon in the marinade for less than 30 minutes, but this is the best way to help it absorb the flavors
- To Taste – Adjust the amount of honey and lime zest according to your taste preferences.
- Fillets – Cut your salmon fillets to be about the same size to ensure that they are cooked evenly. You can also cook the salmon in one big fillet and slice it up after cooking, this may take a little longer to cook, about 15 to 20 mintues.
- Bake Sheet – if you don’t have a cedar plank, add the salmon to a large baking sheet and bake on that instead.
The lime salmon can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat it in a low temperature oven, or low heat in a saute pan on the stove for the best results – to avoid overcooking the salmon.
Package it up in individual containers with rice, and veggies and heat them up for lunches during the week.
Is salmon healthy?
Salmon is considered a healthy food. It is a rich source of high quality protein, healthy omega fatty acids, vitamins and minerals.
Can I use frozen salmon for this recipe?
Fresh salmon is preferred, but if needed you can use frozen salmon fillets. First thaw them, and pat them dry with paper towels before marinating.
What sides pair well with honey lime salmon?
This dish pairs wonderfully with white rice, brown rice, quinoa, roasted vegetables, or a fresh green salad.
This honey lime salmon is a delicious, refreshing main dish that is sweet, tangy, and perfect when you need a healthy, and quick dinner idea!
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Honey Lime Salmon
- 6 TBS teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice (juice from about 1 lime)
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS garlic (minced)
- zest of 1/2 lime
- 6 salmon fillets
- Combine the teriyaki sauce, honey, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, and lime zest in a small bowl. Stir till smooth.
- Place the salmon in a container or Ziplock bag and pour half to 2/3 of the sauce over the salmon and cover and place in your fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven or grill to about 400 degrees.
- Soak a cedar plank in water while oven is preheating.
- Place salmon skin side down onto the cedar plank and place cedar plank on grill or in the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the salmon fillets are cooked through.
- A couple times throughout, coat the salmon in the extra marinate, while cooking.
- Serve hot with your choice of sides.
This honey lime salmon was first posted on September 14, 2015. The photos and blog text were updated for clarity on January 10, 2024.