Ice cream cone cupcakes – They are perfect for a fun treat anytime, but I also think they would be extra adorable to serve at a birthday party.
I’ve seen these ice cream cone cupcakes around the internet before. And I just think they are the cutest thing ever so I knew I had to try them! They are perfect for a fun treat anytime, but I also think they would be extra adorable to serve at a birthday party.
Basically you cook a cupcake inside an ice cream cone, and then top it with frosting. I also topped mine with sprinkles and a cherry to make them extra cute and look more like an actual ice cream cone.
You can use any flavor of cake, I used chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. I used a boxed cake mix and canned frosting to make the recipe extra easy, but you could use homemade cake batter and frosting too.
Instead of pouring your cake mix into a cupcake liner/pan you’ll line your cupcake pan with flat bottomed ice cream cones. Then you’ll fill the ice cream cones about 2/3 full with cake batter. Bake for about 20 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow cones to cool completely and frost. Top with sprinkles and a cherry. And serve.
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- 1 box cake mix
- eggs (oil and water as called for on box)
- 30 flat bottomed ice cream cones
- 1 can frosting
- sprinkles (optional)
- 30 marashino cherries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions.
- Carefully place cones in a muffin pan.
- Fill cones about 2/3 full of batter.
- Place muffin pan carefully in preheated oven (make sure they don't tip over) and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Allow cones to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Top with sprinkles and cherries.
**Don’t make these more than an hour or two in advanced, the ice cream cone doesn’t stay crispy, and its not very good soft and soggy-like.