A twist on your traditional chocolate chip cookies with malted milk as a base. It tastes like a chocolate chip malt in a cookie.
One of my favorite candies is whoppers chocolate malt balls. I know, I’m not to refined in my taste. (But yes I will argue that European, especially German, chocolate is the best!) And Nate is a HUGE fan of malted milk. He loves adding it to milkshakes, and its convenient because we have two GIANT tins of it in our food storage.
So when I saw this recipe for Malted Chocolate Chip Whopper Cookies from Two Peas and their Pod I knew it was one I had to try making. And #cookieweek was the perfect excuse to finally try it out.
That’s right ladies and gentlemen, cookie week is still going for 1 more day and you can still enter to win one of our 4 awesome prizes. Just click this Rafflecopter to enter the giveaway!
And once again thanks so much to Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen and Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic for getting us all together to host this awesome giveaway just for you! And of course thanks to our awesome sponsors KitchenAid, King Arthur Flour, OXO, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane Sugar. There are 23 different bloggers participating, so make sure to tune in to all the other delicious cookie ideas available from them. And keep them saved for your holiday baking in the next few weeks. Your neighbors will love you.
Malted Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks, softened)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 TBS milk
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped whopper candies
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your cookie pan with non stick spray, parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Mix together your butter and sugars until light ant creamy.
- Add in your vanilla and egg and milk and stir well.
- Add in all your dry ingredients, flour, malted milk powder, baking soda and salt, and mix ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in your whopper candy pieces and your chocolate chips.
- Roll cookie dough into TBS sized balls and place on prepared cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 10-11 minutes until they are lightly golden.
- Let cookies cool for a couple minutes on your cookie sheet then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely (Or just shove them in your face now).
Enjoy these delicious cookies dipped in milk!
The malted milk just gives these cookies a little bit of malt/vanilla flavor and makes them even more delicious than typical chocolate chip cookies.
Cravings of a Lunatic says
These are so gorgeous. I just love these cookies. Thanks for joining us for Cookie Week.
Very cool! I have two different cans of malted milk powder in my cupboards, I have to try this!
Christine Friesenhahn says
These look incredible…..I’m making cookies today, I think I’ll give these a go!
Aimee Berrett says
Let me know if you try it and what you think?!
marissa | rae gun ramblings says
I think these need to be made this weekend!
My girls love Whoppers so I am sure they would love these cookies. Now I just need to find malted milk powder!
Aimee Berrett says
You should be Able to find it near the chocolate milk or other drink powders at the grocery store
Kylie - The How To Mom says
I eat Whoppers til my tongue is raw! Mmm
Ruthy Kirwan says
Haha, I loved the last line of your recipe, I’m definitely in the immediate-shove-in-the-face crowd! I’m also a lover of malted anything- I’d take a butterscotch malt over a milkshake any old day- so these cookies look fabulous. Can’t wait to try them!
SUCH PRETTY COOKIES! omg they look delicious!