Your new favorite pizza with kalamata olives, feta cheese, and basil pesto topping for a delicious Mediterranean flair.
We love pizza at this house. It is becoming a tradition to serve a pizza every Friday night, what a perfect time to experiment with new flavors. This Mediterranean Mini Pizza along with our Roasted Tomato Mini Pizza has become our newest favorites. Craig and I couldn’t decide which was better. It really was a toss up. We would take 1 bite of the Mediterranean Mini Pizza and think, oh yes, this one is the best. And then we would take one of the roasted tomato and decide it was the best pizza. Luckily both these pizzas were minis and used half of a batch of pizza dough so you can make both and enjoy both too.
Now I realize one of the things that make pizza so good is the crust and if you are in need of a really great pizza crust recipe I recommend Mark Bittman’s “How to Cook Everything” pizza crust recipe. (I am not receiving any compensation from either Mark Bittman or Amazon, I just really love the pizza dough recipe) It is easy to make and you don’t even have to let it rise, you can choose to or not. I will usually make a double batch and freeze half to use on the days I want pizza even quicker. Today I pulled my frozen pizza dough out of the freezer left it in the fridge all day and it was ready for pizza making as soon as I got home from work. So while my oven was heating up, I assembled our Mediterranean Mini Pizzas and dinner was baking within minutes.
The other thing I would advocate for a really good pizza crust is to use a pizza stone and pizza peel. The stone really gives you that crispy on the outside, soft on the inside pizza crust. A pizza peel allows you to prepare your pizza on it and then usually slide right onto the stone when ready for baking. I say usually because I have definitely had moments where the pizza dough just stuck right to the peel and I have more of amoeba shaped pizza than circle.
Meditterean Mini Pizza
- 1/2 batch of your favorite pizza dough
- 2 to 3 TBS basil pesto
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes - sliced
- 8 to 10 kalamata olives - cut into fourths longways
- 1 TBSP flour
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with pizza stone inside
- Prepare your pizza dough according to your recipe or package directions
- Sprinkle your pizza peel with cornmeal
- Slightly flatten and spread your pizza dough out into a circle with your hands
- Finish rolling the dough into a 8 to 10 circle (on your pizza peel) with a small rolling pin sprinkled with the flour
- Spread the basil pesto all over the pizza dough
- Sprinkle with the feta cheese
- Lay your tomatoes our on top of the feta cheese
- Spread your kalamata olives all over the pizza
- Using your pizza peel transfer your pizza to the stone in your oven
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Remove and let cool for a few minutes
- Cut into 4 pieces and serve
Enjoy these delicious Mediterranean Mini Pizzas!
I am loving our pizza Fridays, not only are we getting a great tasting and fun dinner but it also takes the guess work out of at least one meal a week.
If you like these Mediterranean Mini Pizzas, you’ll love these pizzas too: