These adorable mummy mini pizzas are so easy to make, and are a perfect dinner or lunch for the Halloween season! Great for kids and adults alike!
I love holiday inspired foods, but sometimes it’s harder to think of savory inspired recipe ideas. These mummy mini pizzas are the perfect Halloween dinner idea.
They are easy to make, and they are even easy enough if you want you can have your kids help you make them! They are so cute and delicious. I mean, who doesn’t love pizza?!
How to make Mummy mini Pizzas?
These mummy mini pizzas are easy to make. You’ll use English muffins for the crust base, just cut them in half down the middle to open them up.
Spread about a spoonful of pizza or marinara sauce onto each half. You can make a homemade sauce or just use any store bought canned sauce that you like.
Then for the mummy bandages you’ll use thin strips of string cheese for your cheese on top. The string cheese holds its shape a lot more than traditional shredded mozzarella cheese, and gives the pizzas the perfect bandaged mummy look. Separate your string cheese into pieces, by pulling it apart and layer the pieces all over the top of your English muffin in a criss cross pattern to create a mummy look.
Place sliced black olives for the eyes and pop in the oven to bake. Bake till the cheese starts to melt and the muffins turn golden. Voila.
You can also cook your mini pizzas longer than I did if you want the cheese to melt a little more, but you will lose the bandaged look the longer you cook them. I cooked mine for about 8-10 minutes.
If you want toppings on your pizzas, put them under the cheese instead of on top so you can keep that great mummy shape. You don’t want to use too many because you don’t want them to be too bumpy, but something like pepperoni works great.
Instead of English muffins you could also use canned biscuits (slightly flatten each biscuit – bake according to package directions), bagels, rhodes rolls (allow to thaw completely, but don’t raise – bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is cooked and roll edges look golden)
These are such a cute and fun Halloween meal. I just know your kids will love helping you spread the sauce, or layer the cheese onto the mummies.
These mummy pizzas are so fun for Halloween, and so easy to make! You can prepare them and bake them in only like 15 minutes, and that’s a win if I do say so myself! This halloween pizza is a delicious treat that can even double as an easy school snack.
Tips and Tricks
- Use parchment paper to prevent sticking if you are worried about the pizzas sticking to your pan
- Make sure to add some of your favorite toppings if you want- a sprinkle of crumbled sausage could add a “dirt” look to your mummy pizza
- Try using a pizza cutter to slice the cheese sticks vertically to save time when making multiple pizzas to make quick thin slices of cheese into thin ribbons
- If you like french bread pizza you will love these mini pizzas- they have a little crunch and a similar texture
- You can sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top without it changing the appearance too much
Frequently Asked Questions
Are these difficult to make?
These mini mummy pizzas are not difficult to make at all, especially since the “dough” is just an english muffin. The best part about these are that even the mummy’s eyes are easy- they are just olive slices!
What type of cheese is best for these mummy pizzas?
To make your own mummy pizzas delicious, use mozzarella stick or mozzarella string cheese. The texture keeps the mummy-wrapped looked without melting too much.
When is a good time to make these mummy pizzas?
These halloween mummy pizzas are perfect for your next halloween party, the next time you want a fun edible craft with kids, or just to make your happy halloween even more fun and yummy!
What are some other names for these mummy pizzas?
Sometimes people call these halloween mummy pizza bites, spooky mummy pizza, or easy mummy pizzas. Whatever you want to call them they are quick, easy, cute, and a blast for friends and family to make.
Looking for more Savory Halloween Recipes:
- Chicken Sandwich Monsters
- Hot Dog Mummies on Dessert Now Dinner Later
- Halloween Stuffed Peppers on Everyday Jenny
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Mummy Mini Pizzas
- English muffins
- pizza/marinara sauce
- mozzarella string cheese
- black olives
- other toppings like pepperoni (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut each English muffin in half down the middle. Place onto a baking sheet.
- Spread a spoonful of pizza sauce onto each English muffin half.
- Place toppings like pepperoni or sausage onto the sauce.
- Pull apart your string cheese and place criss cross over the English muffins to create the "bandaged" look. (I used about 1 string cheese per English muffin half.)
- Place sliced olives onto your mummy to have his eyes peeking through.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted but still holds its shape.