This delicious microwave lemon curd is made with only 4 ingredients and ready in about 5 minutes. Its the perfect way to add lemon to your favorite foods!
Okay guys, confession – I made lemon curd recently for the first time a couple weeks ago and wow, game changer. I’ve already made it again because it is so good and so easy!
I am already dreaming up more ways to use up this lemon curd in different recipes. I’m thinking in crepes, on pancakes, in cookie cups, in the middle of a cake. How do you think I should use it? Next week I have an amazing lemon poke cake recipe to share with you, that I made using a boxed cake mix and this lemon curd – which means its SO easy. But seriously so delicious.
This lemon curd is made in the microwave, which means its made with about 5 minutes of prep time, and ready to use in about 20 minutes tops. And… it tastes amazing! Its only 4 ingredients! All you need is fresh lemons, for the juice and zest, melted butter, sugar and eggs!
This lemon curd is great however you use it, I won’t even judge if you eat it by the spoonful. It is delicious!
Microwave Lemon Curd
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 TBS melted butter
- 1 TBS lemon zest (from 2 small or 1 large lemons)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- Whisk together all your ingredients in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 1 minute increments, stirring well after each minute. Microwave for anywhere from 5-10 minutes total depending on your microwave power. Mixture is done when it is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- Push curd through a fine metal strainer to remove any small egg white pieces, and zest pieces.
- Put into a jar, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.