These Mummy Oreos are delicious white chocolate dipped Oreos decorated with candy eyes and white chocolate drizzles to look like mummies. They’re such a fun Halloween treat.
I love chocolate covered Oreos, they are one of my favorite treats. They are great for Christmas time, especially sprinkled with bits of candy cane. And now we can make them for Halloween too!
These Mummy Oreos are so fun for Halloween, and who doesn’t love Oreos and white chocolate?! These are so easy to make, and will be eaten even quicker than you make them 😉
How to make Oreo Mummy Pops?
I originally made these as “pops” and stuck them on lollipop sticks, which is so cute and fun too, and only adds a couple extra steps. Before you dip the Oreos in white chocolate you need to carefully open the Oreos in half exposing the creme filling in the middle.
Melt some of your white chocolate chips and add some of the melted chocolate over half of your Oreo with the creme frosting. Stick the end of the lollipop stick into the white chocolate then top with the second side of the cookie and allow them to rest until the white chocolate is hardened.
Then dip the Oreos into the white chocolate and continue to decorate them according to below.
How to make Oreo Mummies?
Melt your white chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave at half power for one minute. Stir as much as you can and continue microwaving at half powder in 30 second increments until you can stir the white chocolate smooth.
Drop an Oreo into the white chocolate and use a fork to flip it over and coat it fully in the melted chocolate. Use the fork to carefully remove the Oreo and slightly tap the fork on the side of the glass to help the extra white chocolate drip off the sides.
Place two candy eyes onto the Oreos close together to be the mummies eyes. You can also use chocolate chips or chocolate covered candies (like m&ms) if you can’t find any of the eyes.
Set them on some parchment paper and let the white chocolate harden. It hardens fairly quickly so you should be able to continue dipping the rest of the Oreos, then use the remaining melted chocolate for the mummy wrapping. If the chocolate gets to hard re-melt it at half power till smooth.
When you’re ready, scoop the remaining white chocolate into a ziplock bag. Snip a small amount off of one of the corners of the bag. Carefully drizzle the melted white chocolate over the Oreo, avoiding the eyes, to look like mummy wrapping. If too much excess falls on the sides, move the Oreo to a new spot on the parchment paper to remove the excess. Then allow them to set until the white chocolate is hardened completely.
These Mummy Oreos as re such a fun and cute Halloween treat. They’d be perfect served up on a Halloween treat board (stay tuned), or packaged up in a baggy to give to close friends.
Looking for more easy Halloween treats?
- Mummy Rice Krispie Treats
- Halloween Popcorn Balls
- Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
- Halloween Muddy Buddies
- Easy Caramel Apples
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 24 candy eyes
- Add the white chocolate chips and coconut oil to a small microwave safe bowl and microwave at half power for 1 minute. Stir as much as you can.
- Microwave in additional 30 second increments, at half power until you can stir the chocolate smooth.
- Drop one oreo at a time into the white chocolate. Use a fork to flip the Oreo over and make sure the Oreo is covered on all sides.
- Lift the Oreo out of the white chocolate with the fork.
- Tap the fork onto the edge of the bowl to let the excess white chocolate drizzle back into the bowl.
- Place the cookie onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Place two candy eyes onto the Oreo close together to look like the mummies eyes.
- Let the chocolate set completely.
- Scoop any remaining chocolate into a ziplock bag, or melt additional chocolate as needed.
- Snip a small corner of the bag and drizzle the white chocolate over each of the Oreos to make them look like mummy wrapping.
These Mummy Oreos were first posted on October 22, 2013. The photos and text were updated on September 28, 2020.