These Nutella chocolate chip cookies are delicious, chewy, Nutella based cookies loaded with chocolate chips.
I love Nutella, the creamy chocolate and hazelnut spread, that is so good I could practically eat it with a spoon. We’ve already got a couple Nutella based recipes here for you guys, and these are one of the best yet.
These cookies aren’t just filled with Nutella (though that’s coming another day), but they’re made with Nutella in the cookie dough, like you’d find peanut butter in a peanut butter cookie.
They’re nice and chewy in the middle, with nice and crispy edges and loaded with chocolate chips. I actually recommend chopping up a dark chocolate bar for these cookies, or using dark chocolate chips, as I love the rich chocolate flavor paired with the sweet Nutella flavor.
I love using chopped up chocolate in cookies, because it really emphasizes those bursts of melty chocolate in the cookies. They get extra smooth and creamy, and melty. Especially if you eat the cookies warm, which I definitely recommend.
To make these Nutella cookies, I followed my classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, but took out half the butter and substituted it for creamy Nutella.
You’ll love adding these to your cookie rotation. They’re the perfect cookie if your a Nutella lover, or chocolate cookie lover.
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- unsalted butter – I recommend unsalted butter in all our recipes so you can control the exact amount of salt going in to the baked goods. If you are using salted butter, cut the amount added later in half.
- Nutella – or another brand of creamy chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Brown sugar and Granulated White Sugar – the perfect balance to sweeten the cookies, and give them the best chewy texture.
- Vanilla Extract – to balance out the chocolate and add a little flavor
- Salt – to balance out the sweetness
- Baking soda
- All purpose Flour
- Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Chunks – Use your favorite chocolate chips, or chopped up baking chocolate bar.
How to make Nutella Cookies?
- Add the butter, Nutella, and sugars to a large mixing bowl and cream them together for a couple minutes until fluffy with a hand mixer, or bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and stir until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the already combined wet ingredients, and stir everything together until you have a nice soft cookie dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or chocolate pieces.
- Scoop the dough into 1 1/2 TBS sized cookie balls and put them onto a parchment paper lined sheet pan.
- Bake the cookies until the edges are golden brown and the tops look just set. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer them to a cooling rack to continue cooling, or enjoy them warm (because we all know freshly baked cookies are the best).
Tips and Tricks:
- These cookies can be customized with your choice of mix ins. Instead of chocolate pieces try adding in some Reese’s Pieces, M&Ms, Butterscotch chips, toffee bits, etc.
- Add in 1/4 cup of cocoa powder to the dry ingredients to make the cookie base extra chocolatey. The Nutella flavor does get a little overpoured with the chocolate, but its still good).
How to store Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies?
You can store any leftover baked, and cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 or 5 days, if they last at long.
You can also freeze the already baked cookies by laying them out on a cookie sheet and flash freezing the sheet for about 1 hour, or until frozen solid. Then transfer the cookies to a freezer safe bag, or other freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to eat them you can let them thaw for a couple hours at room temperature, or microwave them in 10 second increments until soft and warm.
These Nutella cookies are bursting with the best chocolate hazelnut flavor in every bite. They’re a great new favorite cookie recipe to add to your Christmas cookie trays, to make for an after school treat, or when you need to bring a dessert to a potluck.
More Cookie Recipes:
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Confetti Cake Crumbl Cookie
- Cowboy Cookies
- Maple Pecan Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Marbled Cookies
- Chocolate Orange Cookies
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Email
Nutella Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TBS vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet or two with parchment paper.
- Add the butter, Nutella, and sugars to a large bowl and cream them together until fluffy, a couple of minutes.
- Add in the 2 eggs and vanilla, and stir until combined.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir everything together until combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips or chocolate pieces into the batter.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 1 1/2 TBS sized portions and add them to the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 7 to 9 minutes, or until the edges are brown, and the top is just set.
- Add a couple extra chocolate pieces on top of the cookies right as you pull them out to make them extra pretty, if desired. Also, you can sprinkle them with sea salt if desired.
- Leave the cookies on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes to cool. Then transfer them to a cooling rack to continue cooling, or serve warm.
wm casino says
You are the first today to bring me some interesting news. Sometimes I’m really obsessed with your articles. wm casino
These cookies look delicious! Couple of questions – do you line your baking sheets or spray them? And when you say in the instructions to stir, are you stirring by hand or using an electric mixer? Thank you!
Well, these look absolutely perfect! Love the rich dark hue and flavor. <3