This Oreo Mug Cake is only 3 ingredients, ready in less than 5 minutes, and perfect for late-night snacking! It’s a great quick and easy dessert that you will love, perfect topped with powdered sugar, fruit, ice cream, or whipped cream!
This Oreo mug cake might be the simplest dessert you can ever make. It’s made with just Oreo crumbs, milk, and baking powder. It’s the perfect afternoon pick me up, or late night treat.
This mug cake can be ready to eat from start to finish in less than 5 minutes! Plus it’s got a rich chocolatey flavor in every bite. All wrapped up in a dense, but soft cake in a mug. Perfect topped with chocolate chips, whipped cream, you name it!
Incase you have, or haven’t seen the Oreo Mug cakes floating around Tik Tok? This is my perfect version of that. It’s only got 3 ingredients (the Tik Tok version only has 2 but is more dense without the baking powder, so add that to make the cake a bit fluffier).
What do you need to make an Oreo Mug Cake?
- Oreo Cookies (the crumbs should weight 1.6 oz)
- Baking Powder
How to make an Oreo Mug Cake?
Crush your Oreo Cookies in a food processor, into a fine crumb. You can also beat them with a mallet in a ziplock bag.
Add the crumbs and baking soda to an 8oz microwave safe mug, and stir it all together. Then stir in the milk.
Microwave the cake for 1 minute. If the cake isn’t done after 1 minute, microwave in additional 10 second increments as needed. Top the cake with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
What should I top my Oreo Mug Cake With?
There are so many delicious choices for topping your mug cake, and they’re a great way to add a little extra sweetness to the cake, as it’s not as sweet as you might think considering it’s made mostly of Oreo cookies.
- powdered sugar
- homemade whipped cream or cool whip
- a scoop of vanilla or other flavored ice cream
- chocolate syrup or hot fudge
- chopped up strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries.
- banana slices
- chopped up Oreos for a nice crunch
- chocolate chips (add them when it’s right out of the microwave and they’ll melt a bit on top!)
Tips for making an Oreo Mug Cake:
- You can use any of your favorite Oreo flavors for this mug cake, mint, lemon, peanut butter, golden, etc. But you cannot use Double Stuf Oreos. They don’t have enough cookie to creme.
- Microwave times vary based on microwave strengths, so start first with 1 minute. Then add additional 10 second increments at a time as needed. (It also depends how gooey you like your cake)
- This cake is dense, but still has a fine crumb. It shouldn’t be mushy. It’s not as sweet as you might think, so lots of delicious toppings are a great way to add more sweetness.
This Oreo mug cake only uses 4 Oreos, so in case you don’t want to gobble up the rest of the package (though I do recommend keeping them on hand so you can make this every night of the week). Some of my other ideas for using your leftover Oreos are chocolate covered Oreos, air fried Oreos, Oreo balls, or Cookies and Cream Cookies.
This Oreo mug cake is the easiest dessert. It’s so delicious, and bursting with chocolate Oreo flavor in every bite. It tastes like Oreos in cake form, and is the best late night, or afternoon dessert.
More Mug Cake Recipes:
- Nutter Butter Mug Cake
- Brownie in a Mug
- Funfetti Mug Cake on Bigger Bolder Baking
- Chips Ahoy Mug Cake on The Slow Roasted Italian
Oreo Mug Cake
For Oreo Mug Cake:
- 4 Oreo Cookies (not Double Stuf)
- 3 TBS milk
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 TBS chocolate syrup
- Add the Oreo cookies to a food processor and pulse, until the Oreo cookies are fine crumbs.
- Add the crumbs, baking powder and milk to a 8oz microwave safe mug, and stir it all together.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Microwave in additional 10 second intervals as needed until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the microwave and let it cool for 1 to 2 minutes, before serving.
- Add desired toppings.