Peanut Butter Buckeye Pretzel Bites are delicious peanut butter balls, squished between two pretzels and dipped in chocolate! They’re the perfect bite sized treat!
These peanut butter buckeye pretzel bites are the best of the best. They combine so many of my favorite sweets into one delicious bite sized treat. First you’ve got peanut butter and chocolate. Then you’ve got the delicious mix of sweet and salty. And then the pretzel gives them the perfect crunch! You won’t be able to stop at just one!
I won’t tell you how many of these I ate myself, but just know that my husband had no idea they even existed until there were only about 10 left. Ha!
If I’m being honest these might be even better than regular buckeye candies. The pretzels add the perfect salty crunch to them, plus they’re much easier to dip in the chocolate because you’ll just dip them half way in and that way you’ve got a little handle for dipping.
Now traditional buckeye candies are named after the Buckeye Nut, which is a type of chestnut. These don’t hold the same appearance, but I think they might be even cuter, especially with a few fun sprinkles on top.
This recipe makes about 64 pretzel bites. It makes a lot, so I recommend cutting the recipe in half or making these for sharing. They’re perfect for adding to a treat plate, or sharing with friends or neighbors. They’d be great for a party at your house too!
But if you do want to make the whole recipe they’re perfect for the holiday season! I promise everyone will love them!
Looking for more Buckeye Treats?
- Buckeye Balls
- Buckeye Brownie Cookies
- Buckeye Brownies on Lil Luna
- Buckeye Layer Cake on Homemade in the Kitchen
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Peanut Butter Buckeye Pretzel Bites
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter (softened, 1 stick)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 128 mini pretzels
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- Large Mixing Bowl
- In a large bowl combine the peanut butter and butter till smooth.
- Add in the vanilla extract, and salt.
- Add in the sifted powderd sugar and mix together till nice and smooth, and thick (you want it to hold its shape). Add a little more powdered sugar if needed.
- Roll into 2 teaspoon sized balls. And place on a cookie sheet lined with silicone or parchment.
- Squish one ball into the middle of two pretzels.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips (and coconut oil if you want it, it makes chocolate smoother) in a small bowl in the microwave in30 second increments, stirring after each until smooth. It usually takes 1 minute for me.
- Dip pretzel bites into melted chocolate, covering half of the pretzel. Place back onto prepared pan.
- Place in the fridge till chocolate is set.
- Store in the fridge in a ziplock bag or airtight container for 4-5 days.