This Piña colada smoothie is a perfect refreshing combination of pineapple and coconut that you can enjoy all day long.
Smoothies are so refreshing in the summertime (or anytime) and this Piña Colada Smoothie is no exception. But heck, I’d probably love to drink this smoothie all year round.
This smoothie combines the delicious flavors of pineapple and coconut in a cold and refreshing drink. This smoothie isn’t as healthy as some of my other smoothie recipes, since its got some fat and lots of calories in the cream of coconut, but its just as delicious. Instead of drinking this for breakfast, its perfect for a refreshing drink throughout the day.
My version is virgin – alcohol free, but you can add in alcohol to your own drink if you’d like.
Ingredients Needed to make the best Piña Colada:
- cream of coconut – you’ll find this near the alcoholic drink mixers, but it is alcohol free
- liquid – milk, pineapple juice, coconut milk or orange juice
- vanilla yogurt
- frozen pineapple
How to make Piña Colada Smoothie?
- Add all your ingredients to a blender and blend over high speed until everything is combined.
- Add more ice if you want your smoothie thicker, or more liquid if you want it thinner.
Tips and Tricks:
- The recipe below uses frozen pineapple, which I prefer. But if you want to use crushed or fresh pineapple use less, or no liquid and add 2 cups of ice to the mixture, with about 3/4 cup crushed pineapple.
- You can use milk, pineapple juice, or even orange juice for the liquid in this drink.
- Add a frozen or fresh banana for a more creamy smoothie, with a light banana taste.
- Add a shot of rum or coconut rum to each pina colada glass, and stir it in with a spoon if desired.
More pina colada recipes:
- Pina Colada Dip
- Coconut Shrimp Sauce (pina colada flavored)
- Strawberry Pina Colada
- Pina Colada Cupcakes
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Piña Colada Smoothie
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1/2 - 1 cup liquid*
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- Combine all your ingredients in a blender** in the order listed.
- Blend over high speed until all ingredients are combined.
- Add ice if you want your smoothie to be a little thicker, and more liquid if you want it thinner
Photo Update: 4/20/16
Enjoy this refreshing pineapple and coconut smoothie!
If you like this smoothie, you’ll also love these: