This Piña Colada sauce is an easy 4 ingredient sauce that is the perfect mix of pineapple and coconut. It’s so good served with crispy coconut shrimp!
This piña colada sauce is the perfect addition to some yummy crispy shrimp, and makes the perfect quick and easy appetizer. It’s great for watching a football game, for New Year’s Eve, you name it.
In addition to serving it with shrimp, it’s great with burgers, some grilled chicken, tacos, a dip for fries, you name it.
What to serve with Piña Colada Sauce?
- Coconut Shrimp
- Tempura Shrimp
- Shrimp Tacos
- Teriyaki Cheeseburgers
- Sous Vide Steak
- Grilled Chicken
- French Fries
It’s only a few ingredients, and only takes a few minutes to make – then you’ll be taking your meals to the next level with this amazing sauce!
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Pina Colada Sauce Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- crushed pineapple – you can also substitute pineapple juice if you want the texture to be smoother
- cream of coconut – gives a great coconut flavor
- cornstarch – this mixes with the water to make a slurry which helps the sauce to thicken when cooked
- cold water
How to make Piña Colada Sauce?
This sauce is super easy to make, and only takes a few minutes. Add the crushed pineapple and cream of coconut to a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a low boil.
In another shallow bowl, stir together the cornstarch and water to make a slurry. Add the cornstarch slurry to the pineapple coconut mixture, and let the mixture continue to cook until it reaches your desired consistency.
Pour it in another bowl and serve immediately warm, or place it in the fridge to chill and serve cold.
This piña colada sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
If you want to pair this tropical dipping sauce with some coconut shrimp (homemade – coconut shrimp recipe – or frozen are great options). If you’re heating up some frozen coconut shrimp just pop it in the oven, or air fryer and have the perfect appetizer in less than 20 minutes. You can cook up your sauce while the shrimp are baking, and then your delicious appetizer is ready to go in no time!
The piña colada sauce is perfectly sweet, and so good paired with the crunchy coconut shrimp, grilled chicken, steak, burgers, tacos, you name it!
More shrimp recipes:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Piña Colada Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple (or pineapple juice)
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1 TBS corn starch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Combine the crushed pineapple and cream of coconut in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cornstarch and water to a small bowl, and stir them together.
- Add the cornstarch slurry to the pineapple coconut mixture.
- Let the mixture continue to cook, and thicken to desired consistency.
- Serve with baked coconut shrimp, grilled chicken, steak, tacos, burgers, etc.
This pina colada dipping sauce was first posted on December 30, 2015. The photos and text were updated on 5/24/21
**This pina colada dipping sauce was originally made in partnership with Seapak. All opinions are my own.