An easy sweet bread with pineapple guava for a delicious treat.
We received pineapple-guavas in our CSA box about 3 times.
The first time, it was 2 or 3 and we sliced them open, scooped out the fruit, and ate it. The 2nd and 3rd time we received about 6 to10 of them, so I decided I needed to discover something I could make with this yummy, little fruit. A search brought me to this recipe and I modified it to fit my needs.
Pineapple-Guava Sweet Bread
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup pineapple guava (peeled and smashed)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or spray 1 8 x 4 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, shift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, add applesauce, sugar, pineapple guava, and egg. Mix together well.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until all is mixed in well.
- Pour into loaf pan and smooth top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Invert on to cooling rack and let cool almost completely.
- Mix powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Drizzle over the top of bread.
- Let cool completely, slice, and eat.
Enjoy this sweet bread and try a new fruit too!