Pink Rice Krispie Treats are a fun dessert, with a gooey rice krispie treat dipped in pink chocolate and decorated with sprinkles!
Rice krispie treats are one of the easiest dessert treats to make in the world. They only take 3 simple ingredients and the same number of steps to whip them together and then you have a delicious treat that will be enjoyed by all!
I hadn’t made rice krispie treats in a while, so when I was thinking of Valentine treats I wanted to make, I thought rice krispy treats would be perfect! All I needed was some pink candy melts and some fun sprinkles and I would be able to dip away and decorate my treats to my heart’s desire.
I really actually wanted to make heart shaped treats, so you can imagine my dismay when I realized I don’t own a heart shaped cookie cutter? What a sad day – you can bet I went and bought one right away for next time. But until then, I still think these pink rice krispy treats are darling and perfect to celebrate Valentine’s day with regardless of their shape.
What is your favorite Valentine’s Day treat?
Pink Rice Krispy Treats
- 1/4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispy cereal
- 1/2 bag pink candy melts
- red, white and pink sprinkles (hearts, dots, jimmies, colored sugar, etc.)
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large sauce pan.
- Add in marshmallows and stir together until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour in rice cereal and stir until cereal is fully and evenly coated.
- Pour gooey marshmallow treats into a 9x13 inch baking pan and press down evenly.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting into bars (or other shapes)
- Put candy melts in a medium microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir.
- Microwave for additional 30 second intervals until chocolate is creamy.
- Dip each rice krispy treat half way into the melted chocolates.
- Place on waxed paper.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
- Allow chocolate to completely harden before serving.
For other Valentine themed desserts try these: