This pumpkin delight is a delicious layered dessert that is perfect for fall. It has layers of graham cracker crust, no bake cheesecake, pumpkin pudding and cool whip, and they all come together for the perfect slice!
As good as our Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight is, I knew I needed to make a pumpkin version, with almost all of those same delicious layers, but with a fall twist! This layered pumpkin dessert has layers of a crunchy graham cracker crust, creamy no bake cheese cake, pumpkin pudding, and whipped cream. All topped with chopped pecans for a nice crunch.
It’s like a pumpkin lasagna with all those delicious layers, but without the lasagna noodles, and instead of for dinner for dessert. Have I lost you? Four delicious sweet layers that perfectly compliment one another!
This yummy dessert will definitely hit the spot for any pumpkin lovers! It’s great for an easy dessert any fall day, for a fall potluck, and would be an extra fun addition to the dessert table at Thanksgiving dinner too.
How to make Pumpkin Delight?
First make the graham cracker layer. Stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter and press them into the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Bake the crust for a few minutes, then let it cool.
Then make the cheesecake layer. Beat the cream cheese until it’s nice and smooth, then mix in the sugar and vanilla extract. Then fold in the whipped cream to make it nice and fluffy. Spread the cream cheese layer over the graham cracker layer.
Now onto the pudding layer, whisk the pumpkin pudding mix with milk in a large bowl for a couple minutes. Let it thicken for a couple minutes, then spread it over the cheesecake layer.
Then spread the rest of the cool whip over the pudding. Sprinkle the top with chopped pecans and refrigerate the whole thing for a few hours, before slicing it up to serve.
Tips for making Pumpkin Delight:
- This is a very soft dessert. To get more firm defined lines I recommend placing the dessert in the freezer for one hour before slicing. (You could also freeze instead of refrigerating, but if it’s longer than one hour you may need to thaw it at room temperature for a bit so it’s not too hard).
- Instead of a graham cracker crust, you could also try ginger snaps, shortbread cookies, or golden or chocolate Oreos.
- Spread the layers of the dessert evenly but spooning small dollops all around as you add each layer. Then spread them out to be even all across the dish.
- You’re welcome to leave the chopped pecans off the top of the dish if you don’t want nuts. Or try walnuts instead. You could also add some mini chocolate chips, or drizzle some caramel, yum!
Can I make pumpkin delight in advance?
This is a great make ahead dessert. It is best if eaten within about 24 hours of making it, but can be made that much in advance, so it’s great to make the morning or night before you need it.
You can store leftovers in the fridge with a lid, or foil covering the dish for up to 4 days, but the best results will be in that first 24 hours.
You can also freeze the dish for up to 1 month, so if you’re going to make it even earlier, I recommend freezing it. Just make sure you give enough time to let the dessert thaw a bit when serving so you are able to slice into it.
This pumpkin delight is such a tasty fall dessert! It’s got 4 delicious layers, and everyone will want to go back for seconds! It’s perfect for a crowd, or for storing leftovers and enjoying all week long 😉
More Pumpkin Dessert Ideas:
- Pumpkin Roll
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Pumpkin Cobbler
- Pumpkin Cake with Yellow Cake Mix
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 2 1/2 cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 6 TBS salted butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (divided)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 (8) oz containers cool whip (thawed and divided)
- 2 (3.4) oz boxes instant pumpkin spice pudding
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces (optional, for topping)
- 1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and granulated sugar and whisk them together.
- Press the graham cracker crumble evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl (a stand mixer works great), beat the cream cheese till smooth and creamy.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and whip them into the cream cheese.
- Fold in 4oz (or 1/2 of one container) of a cool whip container into the cream cheese mixture, with a rubber spatula.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the graham cracker layer.
- In a large bowl, combine the pudding boxes and the milk, whisking them together for 2 minutes. Let it sit for about 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spread the pumpkin pudding over the top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the remaining 1 1/2 packages of cool whip over the top of the pudding mixture.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans evenly over the top of the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
- Place the mixture in the fridge to chill for 6 hours, or overnight, before slicing and serving.