This classic pumpkin roll is so delicious and easy to make, with a light and moist pumpkin cake swirled up with cream cheese frosting. It’s a perfect fall dessert!
**This pumpkin roll is made in partnership with Braun. All opinions are my own.
I love fall activities. They’re one of my favorite parts of the entire year. We usually visit a couple different farms in the fall, which include some of my favorite traditional fall things, like a corn maze, hay ride, giant slides, and more. I love bundling up in all the layers with sweaters, and jackets, and hats and scarves and feeling the cool fall air on my face.
There are some things I need in the fall, and a hay ride while bundled up and snuggling my sweet boys is one of them. The second is pumpkin desserts with cream cheese frosting. Pumpkin and cream cheese are one of those matches made in heaven. You’ve got them together in my pumpkin cake and my pumpkin cinnamon rolls.
This pumpkin roll is a new favorite dessert where the pumpkin and cream cheese flavors come together just perfectly. It’s a tender and moist pumpkin cake, rolled up with a sweet cream cheese frosting in the middle.
Pumpkin rolls are such a classic fall dessert, and they always seem so intimidating. I promise though, this recipe is not hard to make! If you’ve seen, or tried any of the desserts we usually share, we like to stick with easy and this pumpkin roll is no different.
This pumpkin roll only takes a few minutes of actual active work, and was especially quick for me to make thanks to the new Braun Multimix Hand Mixer. I used it to whip together the batter for the pumpkin cake, and while the cake was baking I just washed off the beaters and used it again to make the cream cheese frosting for the middle of the roll.
The MultimMix Hand Mixer is so sleek, and easy to use, with an easy eject button to drop out the beaters. It’s high powered (50% more than leading competitors), and so easy to change the speed with a spin dial, so I was able to speed it up or slow it down easily while I mixed up my frosting and cake batter.
The parts all come apart in just one click, so it’s so easy to switch things around. And even better, it’s easy to clean!
The Braun MultiMix is available on Amazon.com, and from now until November 6th you can buy it on Amazon for 20% off! This would make a perfect Christmas present for anyone who loves baking or cooking!
Another awesome thing about the Braun MultiMix is that it comes with not only the whisk attachments like I used for this recipe, but also comes with dough hooks perfect for making homemade bread or other doughs.
Now, back to the pumpkin cake roll at hand. This pumpkin roll is so thin, so it is only baked for about about 14-16 minutes. It’s packed full of that perfect fall pumpkin flavor though, with cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in the roll.
Then it pairs so perfectly with the sweet and tangy cream cheese frosting that gets spread all over the top and wrapped up in the roll.
It’s a show stopper of a dessert with the beautiful orange cake that contrasts so nicely with the white cream cheese frosting in the middle.
More Ways to Use Canned Pumpkin:
This recipe only uses 2/3 of a cup of canned pumpkin puree. A 15oz can of pumpkin, like you’d typically buy from the store holds almost 2 cups of pumpkin puree.
You can of course double the recipe to make 2 pumpkin rolls and use up more of the pumpkin puree, I promise no one will regret having extra pumpkin roll to eat. But here are a few other favorite pumpkin recipes that also use a partial can of pumpkin.
Looking for more pumpkin and cream cheese recipes:
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
- Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting on The Recipe Critic
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Cream Cheese Frosting Filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the pumpkin cake:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a 10x15 in pan (jelly roll pan) with parchment paper that hangs about 1 inch over the sides. Spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat your eggs, sugar, pumpkin and vanilla extract until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix together your flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture slowly while stirring.
- Pour the mixture onto the parchment in the prepared pan. Spread evenly over the top.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes until the cake springs back when you touch it.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for just a couple minutes. Remove the cake from the pan with the parchment paper.
- Roll the cake roll up in the parchment paper, with the parchment paper still on the bottom. Roll it short end to short end. Allow to cool completely.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until totally smooth.
- Unroll the cake roll and spread the cream cheese frosting over the top of the cake roll. Leave about 1/4 inch on the edges so the filling doesn't spill out when you roll it up.
- Roll the pumpkin roll back up, removing the parchment paper this time (it's okay if a few crumbs stick to the parchment)
- Wrap the cake roll up in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Sprinkle the top with powdered sugar when you're ready to serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Braun. The opinions and text are all mine.