Red Velvet Cake Balls are easy to make with a red velvet cake mix and your favorite cream cheese frosting. Dip them in white chocolate for a delicious bite sized treat!
When I think of Valentine’s day treats, I think of chocolate or red velvet. What’s better for celebrating Valentine’s day with your loved one than a delicious treat to share. And of course chocolate, cause I mean, its chocolate – and red velvet is nice and red and Valentine like, right? These red velvet cake balls would make a perfect Valentine’s day treat!
These cake balls are super easy to make too. You just need to bake up a red velvet cake, mix it with a delicious cream cheese frosting, roll into little balls and dip in white chocolate. I used homemade cream cheese frosting cause its amazing, but you could use some from the store too. And I just used a box mix red velvet cake.
These red velvet cake balls are like a red velvet cake mixed up into a perfect little bite sized cake ball, dipped in white chocolate. Perfection. Nate and I couldn’t stop eating these little bites of goodness!
How to make cake balls?
Its so easy to make homemade cake balls! All you need is a cake, and frosting. Mix them together and roll them into little balls and dip in chocolate! Easy and delicious bite sized treats!
You can make any flavor you want!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix (and ingredients called for on box)
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- pink candy melts
- red candy melts
- Make cake and bake according to box instructions.
- Crumble up your cake into a large bowl.
- Add your cream cheese frosting to your crumbled cake and stir everything together till blended.
- Shape mixture into about 50 cake balls and place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Put white chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, then stir, then an additional 30 seconds, then stir, then another 30 seconds if needed till creamy.
- Stick a toothpick into each cake pop and dip them into white chocolate covering completely. Allow excess to drip off back into the bowl.
- Place caked balls back on lined cookie sheet and let rest till chocolate hardens.
- Melt candy melts in small microwavable bowl in microwave till smooth.
- Drizzle candy melts over the top of cake balls to decorate.
Enjoy these delicious little bites of red velvet cake!
For more red velvet favorites, try these: