This restaurant style salsa is the easiest homemade salsa recipe. It’s only a few ingredients, and ready in just a few minutes. Perfect for gobbling down with some chips.
I love chips and salsa. In fact, it’s probably one of my favorite snack or side dishes ever. This restaurant style salsa is no exception. It’s a delicious flavorful salsa, bursting full of tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice! It’s very similar to what they serve at a bunch of restaurants, with a big helping of chips of course.
This salsa is perfect to share with friends, because it makes a lot. It’s perfect for serving up at party, whether you’re watching a football game, celebrating a holiday, hosting a movie night, or backyard bbq.
Ingredients Needed to make Restaurant Style Salsa:
- canned diced tomatoes
- yellow or white onion
- jalapeño peppers
- fresh lime juice
How to make Restaurant Style Salsa?
This recipe is literally the easiest ever. It only has about 3 steps in it, and can be enjoyed in just a few minutes.
First you’ll start by seeding your jalapeño, and then roughly chop it up. Then peel your onion, and roughly chop that.
Add your canned tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, and cilantro into a blender or food processor. Pulse it once or twice to let the ingredients start to combine.
Then add in the lime juice, salt, pepper, and sugar. Blend the mixture to your desired consistency. Blend it less if you want it more chunky.
Taste it and add more cilantro, salt, pepper, sugar, or lime according to your preferences.
Transfer the container to an airtight container and place it in the fridge for at least an hour, for the best flavor.
Serve with chips and enjoy!
Tips for making Restaurant Style Salsa:
- This recipe is a super make to taste recipe. Add a little more or less cilantro according to your tastes. More salt, less pepper, etc.
- You can mix the salsa in a food processor or blender. Pulse it to your desired texture, if you want it extra smooth, run it longer. If you want it chunkier just pulse it together a few times.
- This salsa should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. It will stay good for about 5 to 6 days.
This restaurant salts tastes just like the delicious salsa you might find at your favorite restaurant. Perfect served with a side of chips, or great used in so many favorite Mexican recipes too.
More salsa recipes:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Restaurant Style Salsa
- 2 (14.5oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 yellow onion (diced)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Add the tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, and cilantro to a food processor or blender. Pulse a couple times.
- Juice half a lime into the food processor, and add in the salt, sugar, and black pepper.
- Pulse or blend your salsa until desired consistency is reached.
- Place the salsa in an airtight container, and place it in the fridge for at least 1 hour, for optimum taste.
- Serve with chips!
This restaurant style salsa was first posted on October 28, 2014. The photos and text were updated for clarity on July 19, 2021.