Roasting asparagus, mushrooms, and garlic to a basic carbonara for more flavor and healthy taste
Spaghetti Carbonara is one of our family’s favorite dishes. We absolutely love it. The roasted asparagus, mushrooms, and garlic added a bonus of flavor and goodness to the basic carbonara. I would say this roasted asparagus carbonara will be a new family favorite.
We pretty much love anything pasta. Roasted Asparagus Carbonara is a dry pasta – I say that meaning there will not be the overflowing marinara sauce or Alfredo sauce you might be used to. It is more a stick to the pasta all the spices and flavor kind of pasta. It can be creamier if you want to add a bit of cream or milk, but we love it just as it is. One time I served spaghetti carbonara to Craig’s parents and his dad had a hard time with it, wondering where the sauce was. He even went to the shelf, found spaghetti sauce, and pour it over the top. Funny, wonderful man.
So if you are willing to try a “dry” pasta, this would be the one to try. I hope you love it as much as we do.
Roasted Asparagus Carbonara
- 8 oz asparagus ( washed and cut into bite size pieces)
- 4 oz mushrooms (quartered)
- 3 cloves garlic (cut finely)
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz wheat spaghetti
- 6 strips bacon (cooked and broken into bite size)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 TBS fresh parsley (snipped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a medium bowl put your asparagus, mushrooms, and garlic
- Pour the olive oil over them and sprinkle with your Kosher salt and black
- Spread over a cookie sheet
- Place in the oven and roast for 25 minutes, turn over once halfway through
- In a large pot cook the pasta according to the directions on the package
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk gently
- Add the salt and pepper to taste, parsley, and cheese; mix together
- Upon draining the pasta reserve about 2 to 3 TBS pasta water
- Add the egg mixture and mix into the pasta, mix to coat the pasta
- Add the roasted asparagus/mushroom/garlic and bacon, stir to coat with the egg mixture
- Cook over low heat until the eggs mixture is set
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese if desired
Recipe adapted from Closet Cooking.