This Parmesan Asparagus is such a delicious way to eat asparagus. It’s easy, and takes just a few minutes of prep, and is the perfect side dish for any meal.
Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables, I love the crisp, tender, tasty stalks of asparagus made a lot of different ways, but this parmesan asparagus is one of my favorite ways to have it.
This parmesan asparagus is a simple side dish, with only a few simple ingredients, and just a few minutes to prep. It’s a great healthy side dish to add to your favorite main dish, some grilled chicken, salmon, pork chops, or your Easter ham.
Parmesan asparagus is the best way to enjoy this yummy veggie during asparagus season.
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Parmesan Asparagus Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- Fresh Asparagus Stalks
- olive oil
- black pepper
- fresh lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese – freshly grated if you can
How to make Parmesan Asparagus?
- Prepare the asparagus spears by washing them up, drying them with a paper towel, and cutting off the bottom of the stalks.
- Add the asparagus to a sheet pan in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Roast asparagus in the oven for several minutes.
- Then sprinkles the tops with parmesan cheese. Bake for another few minutes until the asparagus is crisp tender, and cheese is melted and golden.
Tips and Tricks:
- These asparagus can also be made in the air fryer, they should cook for a similar amount of time, maybe erring on the low end.
- Watch the cooking time depending on the size of your asparagus, if your asparagus are extra thin you may need to cut a couple minutes off the total time, if they are extra thick, you may need to add a couple of minutes.
- Don’t forget to trim off the woody ends of the asparagus. An easy way to know where to do this is by bending the end of the stalk, it will break where the stiff piece meets the more tender part of the spear.
- Add minced garlic, or garlic powder to the baked asparagus recipe for a great garlic flavor. Sprinkle about 1 tsp garlic powder, or 1 TBS minced garlic over the top of the asparagus.
- If you want easier clean up, line the baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper before adding the asparagus to the pan.
- You can cook zucchini, squash, broccoli and other veggies in the same manner.
This isn’t a dish I typically recommend storing, but if you do want to try, you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge. Don’t microwave the vegetables to reheat them, or they will become too soft. I recommend reheating them in the oven at 450 F on a cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, until hot.
This delicious parmesan crusted asparagus is such a delicious and easy side dish to add to almost any main course. It’s my favorite way to have asparagus, and one of my favorite side dishes of all.
More vegetable side dishes:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Email
- 1 pound asparagus* (washed, dried, and ends removed)
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (freshly grated preferred)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray, or brush with oil.
- Add the asparagus to the pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the asparagus.
- Place the asparagus in the oven to cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender but crisp, and cheese is golden.
- Remove from oven and grate Parmesan cheese over the top of the asparagus.
- Sprinkle fresh Parmesan cheese evenly over the top of the asparagus.
- Return to oven to bake for about 5 more minutes until cheese is melted and lightly browned, and asparagus is tender.
This parmesan asparagus was first posted on May 23, 2014. The photos and text were updated on April 3, 2023 for clarity.
Leave a Reply