These samoa rice krispie treats take traditional rice krispies to the next level. They’re topped with a toasted coconut and caramel mixture, and drizzled and dipped with chocolate, just like your favorite Girl Scout Cookie!
I am obsessed with rice krispie treats. Original rice krispie treats, with extra marshmallows, nice and gooey, are one of my favorite last minute, easy treats. And you know I love samoa cookies, so when my snickers rice krispie treats were such a hit, I knew I had to try another version, and these samoa rice krispie treats are so good, let me tell you.
So instead of a short bread crust, like in samoa cookies, these treats (of course) have a rice krispie base. They’re topped with a sweet toasted coconut caramel mixture, drizzled with chocolate and dipped in chocolate on the bottom. If you love the combination of chocolate, caramel and toasted coconut you will love these treats!
They’re fairy simple to make, but they take the traditional krispy treats to a new and decadent level.
Samoa Rice Krispie Treats
For the Rice Krispie Treats:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 1/2 cups rice krispie cereal
For the Toasted Coconut Caramel Layer:
- 11 oz caramels (unwrapped)
- 2 TBS heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups coconut
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- Melt your butter over medium low heat in a large sauce pan.
- Add in marshmallows, and stir together till marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour in your rice krispie cereal and stir together till cereal is completely coated.
- Pour cereal into a 9x13 in pan and press down evenly. (Don't squish too much!)
- In a medium sized sauce pan combine caramels and heavy cream over medium heat.
- Stir until caramel is melted and smooth.
- Toast coconut on a baking tray in an oven heated to 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, stirring regular to avoid burning.
- Stir toasted coconut into the melted caramel.
- Pour caramel evenly over the top of rice krispie treats.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments (for about 90 seconds total), stirring after each until smooth.
- Slice rice krispie treats into pieces and remove from pan.
- Dip the bottom of each piece into the chocolate.
- Put remaining chocolate into a small ziplock bag and snip the corner.
- Drizzle chocolate over the top of each treat.
- Let chocolate set completely and serve.