These fun Christmas cookies are definitely going to be Santa’s favorite cookies! They are soft, and chewy, and full of holiday colored m&ms and festive sprinkles for the perfect holiday cookies.
This recipe for Santa’s cookies makes just a small batch of cookies, just the perfect amount for Santa. The recipe makes about 8 or 9 cookies, so you’re not left with a bunch of extra cookies in addition to all the Christmas goodies we’ve been eating all month, and the treats we might find in our stockings from Santa.
Theese cookies for Santa are soft, and chewy, and loaded with lots of chocolate! They’re so delicious, and the perfect treat to help Santa get through his night of all the busy present wrapping (or delivering 😉 ) Just make sure to leave him a glass of milk to go with the cookies.
The cookies are also so easy to make, you only need one bowl, and one spoon, and just a few ingredients to make these. Most of which you probably have on hand.
You will need:
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- one egg yolk (use the egg whites to add to an omelette or save to add to others to make meringue, or pavlova)
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- Christmas m&ms
- chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
- Christmas sprinkles
How do you make Santa’s Cookies?
These cookies are so easy to make! Start by creaming together your soft butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Mix them till it starts to get nice and fluffy, a couple minutes. Then add in the egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix it all till it’s just combined. Add in your flour, baking soda, and salt and stir it all together till you have a nice soft cookie dough. Mix in the m&ms, chocolate chips, and half of the sprinkles.
Roll the cookie dough into 8 or 9 evenly sized balls. Place them evenly on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Then bake them until the edges start to brown, and the top just looks set (no longer gooey). Remove the cookies from the oven and press a few extra chocolate chips and m&ms into the top of each cookie to make them extra pretty. Sprinkle the remaining sprinkles over the top of them too. Let them cool for a few minutes on the baking pan, then move them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Serve them up on a cute holiday plate and set them out for Santa to enjoy!
Santa will love gobbling up these delicious and adorable cookies on Christmas eve!
Ps. These would be great to make any time during the Christmas season, anytime you need a sweet treat. They’re loved by kids and adults alike. This is the perfect recipe when you just want a couple cookies without having a whole dozen or more leftover, because if you’re like me you won’t be able to say no to eating more cookies! Or when you want to try a lot of different cookie varieties.
This recipe for cookies for Santa is the perfect Christmas cookie. They’re festive, adorable, and delicious. Who could say no to that?! They’re the cutest holiday cookies with a soft and chewy cookie center, crispy cookie edges, and stuffed full of red and green m&ms, chocolate chips, and fun festive sprinkles. Santa will be happy to gobble up the whole plate of cookies that you leave for him.
Looking for more Christmas Cookie recipes?
- Peppermint Bark Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Soft Ginger Cookies
- Reindeer Cookies
- Christmas Tree Cookies
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened, 1/2 of a stick)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 TBS granulated white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 TBS all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup Christmas m&ms
- 2 TBS chocolate chips
- 2 TBS white chocolate chips
- 1/2 TBS Christmas sprinkles (jimmies, Christmas shapes, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or a silicone liner.
- Add the butter, brown sugar and white sugar to a medium sized bowl. Cream it all together for 1 to 2 minutes, until it's light and creamy.
- Add in the egg yolk and vanilla extract and stir it all together.
- Add in the flour, salt, and baking soda, and stir it all together till you have a soft dough.
- Add in the m&ms, chocolate chips, and sprinkles, and fold them into the dough.
- Scoop the dough into 8 even sized cookie dough balls (about 2 TBS each) and roll them into balls. Place them on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 8-9 minutes, until the edges are golden and the tops are set.
- Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for another 3 to 4 minutes, then transfer them carefully to a cooling rack to cool completely.