These reindeer cookies are easy to make and so adorable! They’re the cutest Christmas cookies!
How darling are these reindeer cookies?
I love cake mix cookies, so when I thought of making these cute reindeer cookies I knew cake mix cookies would be the perfect base. I then topped the cookies with a store bought chocolate frosting to keep that step simple as well. They’re then topped with a mini vanilla wafer cookie, m&m, candy eyes and mini pretzels for the antlers.
These would be great for a Christmas party! And they’re simple enough to decorate I bet your kids would love to help!
I used a mix of red and brown m&ms for the noses. Because there are of course regular reindeer and special reindeer like Rudolph. (Funnily enough I ran out of red and brown m&ms – you never know how many will be in a package! But luckily remembered I had some special m&ms that Nate brought home from Australia – banana m&ms and apple toffee m&ms – both delicious!)
And you can make them with full pretzel antlers or partially broken pretzel antlers. I did a mix of both. But either way, adorable!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 can of chocolate frosting (or 1-2 cups of homemade chocolate frosting)
- 24-28 mini Nilla Wafers
- 24-28 red and brown m&ms
- 1 package candy eyes
- 48-56 mini pretzels
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl combine your cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil and stir together to make a thick cookie batter.
- Scoop 1½ - 2 TBS of dough and roll into a ball. Repeat with additional dough.
- Place 12 cookies onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Bake cookies for about 8 minutes until the tops start to get crinkly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Spread frosting over the top of a cookie.
- Place one nilla wafer onto the bottom half of cookie.
- Place two candy eyes above the nilla wafer.
- Place two pretzels above the eyes like antlers.
- Attach one m&m to each Nilla wafer using frosting.
- Allow frosting to set and serve!
How are you going to celebrate Christmas this year?!
GET SET TO MAKE THIS AMAZING MEXICAN PASTA DISH WITH THESE GREAT KITCHEN TOOLS and INGREDIENTS: