Peanut Butter Blossoms are a classic soft peanut butter cookie topped with a chocolate Hershey kiss for a simple and amazing cookie!
There are a few cookies that are holiday baking musts for me, and peanut butter blossoms are one of them! You’ll also love these cherry blossom cookies.
They are a rich, soft, and chewy, peanut butter cookie rolled in sugar and topped with a chocolate kiss. They’re a perfect cookie, and so good for chocolate and peanut butter lovers!
My husband recently requested these cookies and told me these and classic chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies are his all time favorite. Now that I know that I can use them as my secret weapon for when our kitchen is already a mess, if I make these he’ll forgive me 😉 they are filled with love and kisses after all.
These peanut butter blossom cookies are easy to make, and so delicious. They’re a classic cookie and everyone needs a go to recipe like this, and I hope this becomes yours too!
They are perfect for just enjoying, sharing with neighbors for the holidays or just when you’re craving something sweet!
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick, softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour (start with 1 1/4 cup and add the last 1/4 cup 1 TBS at a time till dough is a good texture)
- 1/4 cup sugar (for rolling cookie dough balls in)
- 30 Hershey kisses (unwrapped)
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl and mix together till creamy.
- Stir in the vanilla and the egg and mix till just combined.
- Add salt, baking soda, flour and mix. (Start with 1 1/4 cup flour and add more in one tablespoon at a time until the cookie dough is a good texture, not to sticky, and not too dry)
- Roll cookies into 1 tablespoon sized balls. Place into remaining sugar and roll to coat.
- Place balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or silicone, about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until the cookies are golden and just start to crack.
- Remove cookies from the oven and push a chocolate kiss into the top of each cookie (they will crack more).
- Allow cookies to set on pan for another 3-4 minutes, then carefully move to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
Photos and Post updated: 11/26/17