This slow cooker chicken noodle soup is so hearty, comforting, delicious, and so easy to make! It’s classic homemade chicken noodle soup made in the crockpot!
Chicken noodle soup is one of those ultimate comfort foods. A big ol’ bowl of hot, heart chicken noodle soup – there isn’t much better than that on a cold day, unless you’ve got a cup of hot chocolate to go with it.
The thing that makes slow cooker chicken noodle soup even better? Well, duh – it’s made in the slow cooker. 😉 That means one pot. Easy clean up. Cooks to perfection all day. Your kitchen smells like heaven.
And the best part? Coming home to a big bowl of chicken noodle soup. Perfect after a fun day outside in the cold. Great to come home to after a long day of work. Delicious whenever you want it.
I asked you guys to fill out a reader survey to know what kind of recipes you wanted to see. I’m sure if I had you fill it out in the summer, or fall your answers would be different – but the types of recipes people wanted to see most?? Easy Main Dishes ✅ Chicken ✅ Comfort Food ✅ Slow Cooker ✅.
Hopefully that means you guys will love this crockpot chicken noodle soup as much as we do!
How to make chicken noodle soup in the slow cooker?
Combine chicken breasts, onion, carrots, celery, chicken broth, and seasonings in your slow cooker. To season the soup you’ll use a mix of salt and pepper, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, and some minced garlic. Allow it all to cook for a few to several hours (depending how long you need it to cook, and when you want to eat).
Once the chicken is cooked through, you’ll remove if from the slow cooker and shred it up.
Add your choice of noodles to the hot soup and continue cooking in the slow cooker until the pasta is cooked through.
Serve the soup immediately.
This soup can also be made in the instant pot. I know some people don’t have an instant pot, or are scared to break their instant pot out of the box, or don’t like using an instant pot. But if you do have one, and you love it, you can make this soup in it. If you want.
You can use this instant pot chicken noodle soup recipe from Domestic Superhero for the full details. But it should start with sauteeing your vegetables for 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken and liquid and seasonings and bring to pressure then cook for about 10 minutes. Change it to saute and add the noodles to cook until they are tender.
Tips for making Chicken Noodle Soup in the Slow Cooker:
- Add garlic if desired, you can add 1-2 TBS of minced garlic when you add everything in the beginning, or about 1 tsp of garlic powder or garlic salt, to taste, with the seasonings, or at the end!
- To avoid over cooking your noodles, check them often until al dente, or tender to your liking. Different noodles will need to cook for different amounts of times.
- You can also cook the noodles on the stove top (to al dente or even less) to ensure they don’t over cook in the slow cooker. The noodles will also keep cooking when added to the hot soup, so make sure not to over boil them!
- You can add in other vegetables if desired. Frozen or canned corn, mushrooms, zucchini, green beans, etc. Those can all be added at the end when you add in the noodles. Vegetables like potatoes that take longer should be diced really small and added with the carrots.
- You can also saute your onion, carrots, and celery on the stove top in about 1 TBS of butter or oil to add extra richness to them, and to ensure they are extra tender.
- This soup can be turned into a make ahead freezer meal by adding chicken, carrots, celery, onion, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, salt, pepper, and a couple cubes of bouillon to a freezer safe bag, and freezing for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge and add to water in the slow cooker when you’re ready to enjoy! (Make sure to keep noodles on hand too!)
With the cold weather that is bound to be hanging around for another few weeks, chicken noodle soup is one of the best solutions. Perfect for a cold day, or perfect for those of us that have been hit by the cold and flu season.
It’s the ultimate comfort food, and easy enough to make even when you’re feeling under the weather.
Looking for more Slow Cooker Soup Recipes?
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- White Chicken Chili
- Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup on Dinner then Dessert
- Potato Soup on Mama Loves Food
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 pound raw chicken
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 bay leafs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz egg noodles
- Add your chicken, carrots, celery, onion, thyme, rosemary, bay leafs, salt and pepper to your slow cooker.
- Pour the chicken broth over the top and stir to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker once cooked and shred the chicken. Return to the slow cooker.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Add the egg noodles to the soup and cook on high for another 30-40 minutes, checking often, and cooking just until the pasta is tender. **
- Serve immediately.