Creamy chicken noodle soup is packed full of shredded chicken, carrots, celery, onion and egg noodles, with a creamy broth. Its perfectly hearty and comforting!
Its the perfect season for soup, although I’m happy to see that Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow and winter is coming to an end! That being said, while its still cold this creamy chicken noodle soup is the perfect solution. And if you aren’t digging this soup, head to the bottom of this post, we have 11 additional soup recipes from our blogging friends to celebrate National Soup Day today!
This creamy chicken noodles soup is such a yummy twist on traditional chicken noodle soup. Its got the same delicious vegetables, noodles and chicken, but has some flour and milk added into the broth to make it nice and creamy and thick!
This tasty soup is easy to make, and its all cooked in one big pot, to help save you some clean up time! Its ready in about 40 minutes, and perfect served up with some warm bread, or crackers!
You won’t believe how delicious this soup is. This might even be my new favorite soup recipe, I’m happy to say that I like it even more than traditional chicken noodle. And if you don’t believe me, give it a try for yourself. Its perfectly comforting, hearty and delicious!
Aren’t you ready to curl up with a blanket and a big bowl of this soup?
Looking for more Peppermint Holiday Treats?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 TBS minced garlic
- 6 TBS flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (to taste)
- 2 large chicken breast
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cups milk
- Heat your olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add your carrots, celery and onion and saute, stirring occasionally, for about 4 or 5 minutes, till tender.
- Add in your garlic and saute for another 1 minute longer.
- Add your flour and stir well to coat your vegetables in it.
- Add your chicken broth, bay leaves, salt and pepper, and uncooked chicken.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes (depending on the size of the chicken pieces)
- Remove chicken and allow to rest for a few minutes, then shred.
- Add noodles to your soup and continue to cook soup till noodles are done, according to package directions.
- Return chicken to the soup.
- Add in milk and stir everything together.
- Serve warm with some fresh rolls or crackers.
And here are 11 more delicious soup recipes from our blogging friends to celebrate National Soup Day today!
Thai Chicken Curry Coconut Soup // Eazy Peazy Mealz
Copycat Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli // Tried and Tasty
Creamy Chicken and Corn Chowder // Dessert Now Dinner Later
Copycat Johnny Carino’s Italian Chili // Cupcake Diaries
Smothered Chicken Burrito Soup // A Dash of Sanity
Slow Cooker Homemade Minestrone Soup // Life Made Sweeter
Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup // The Love Nerds
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup // One Sweet Appetite
New England Corn Chowder with Bacon // Sugar & Soul
Italian Sausage Pizza Soup // Lemon Tree Dwelling