These soft pretzel bites are perfect! They’re salty, fluffy and have that perfect chewy soft pretzel crust.
**This post is sponsored by La Terra Fina. As always opinions are mine alone.
I’ll be honest, occasionally when Nate and I aren’t in the mood to cook dinner and we want to eat out we head to the mall food court for dinner. Like, before we headed to the hospital to have Colby and I wanted to have one last meal before I couldn’t eat any more for several hours. Or this Friday night. Its nice that we can both grab something we want to eat and it doesn’t have to be from the same place. Some of our favorites are Orange Julius, Chick Fil A, cheap chinese, soft pretzels, Subway sandwiches and more. I came across a soft pretzel bite recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction, I knew I had to try making them at home, because it would keep me from having to go to the mall for them. Plus this way I could make my own dip, or choose what dip I wanted to dunk my pretzel bites into.
Now these soft pretzel bites are perfect! They’re salty, fluffy and have that perfect chewy soft pretzel crust. Plus they can be ready in just under an hour, for a simple and quick treat, perfect to snack on or great for serving at a party.
The trick to getting that great golden pretzel crust is by boiling a big pot of water and baking soda together and then dunking the pretzel bites into the water for about 20-30 seconds before baking them.
Now, the great thing about making these delicious morsels at home, like I said before is that I got to dip them into some hot La Terra Fina Spinach Artichoke & Parmesan Dip. The creamy and flavorful dip was the perfect combo with the chewy salty pretzel bites.
I definitely will be making these bites again for the big game this Sunday and enjoying them with some creamy La Terra Fina dips. Its seriously the perfect game day snack!
Have I convinced you yet? La Terra Fina Spinach Artichoke & Parmesan dip is gluten free, preservative free and trans fat free and can be found at Costco or many specialty stores in Northern California. I also enjoy it spread on turkey sandwiches, in pasta, or with veggies and chips.
Ready for the recipe?
Soft Pretzel Bites
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 2 TBS melted butter
- 4 cups flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 TBS water
- coarse sea salt
For the baking soda bath:
- 9 cups of water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- La Terra Fina Spinach Artichoke & Parmesan Dip
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Dissolve your yeast in your warm water in a large bowl. Stir together for about 1 minute until mostly combined.
- Add in your salt, sugar and butter and stir everything together.
- Add in your flour, 1 cup at a time until dough is thick and no longer sticky. Add more flour 1 TBS at a time if needed to make sure dough isn't sticky. (Poke dough with your finger, and dough should bounce back - then it is ready)
- Lightly flour a flat surface.
- Knead your dough for 3 minutes and form into a ball.
- Oil a large bowl with nonstick spray and place dough in. Cover bowl with a towel and place in a warm area.
- Allow to rest in warm area for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Bring 9 cups of water with 1/2 cup of baking soda to boil.
- Cut your dough ball into 6 sections.
- Roll each section into long ropes about 20-22 inches long.
- Cut each rope into about 10-12 1.5 inch pieces.
- Drop one rope worth of pretzel bites into your baking soda bath and let sit for 20-30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone liner.
- Beat 1 large egg and water in a small bowl.
- Brush egg wash over each pretzel bite.
- Sprinkle the tops with coarse sea salt.
- Bake each tray for 15 minutes or until pretzels are golden brown and some of the tops have cracked
- Remove from oven.
- Serve hot with your choice of yummy dip or plain
Enjoy these chewy and salty soft pretzel bites for a great snack!