These Candy Bar Pretzel Bites have a miniature candy bar sandwiched between two pretzels and dipped in white chocolate. They’re a perfect sweet and salty treat, so easy to make, and so fun to decorate for the holidays.
I love simple and easy Christmas treats, and these candy bar pretzel bites perfectly fit the bill. They’re delicious, and adorable, little bite sized treats. They’re sweet and salty, with the crunchy pretzel on both sides of the soft candy bar. I used a variety of candy bars for these, but I think the gooey caramel center of the Milky Way Minis was my favorite.
For this recipe, I used mini Snickers, Milky Way, and Reeses Cups. These mini candy bars are a perfect size for the square pretzels, but you could also use other chocolate candy bar favorites, just make sure its something a little soft in the middle so you can squish it down a little bit with the pretzels.
- Milky Way
- Milky Way Midnight
- 3 musketeers
- Baby Ruth
These candy bar pretzel bites come together in just a few minutes, though you do have a little bit of few minutes of down time while the candy bars cool back down after being in the oven.
How to make candy bar pretzel bites?
Preheat the oven and line a baking pan with parchment paper. Lay out as many pretzels as you want to make pretzel bites. I used butter snap pretzels, but you could use mini pretzels, or round wheel pretzels too. The square snap pretzels work well with the square candy bar bites, but any will work.
Then top each pretzel with a mini candy bar. Place them in the oven for about 3 minutes until the chocolate starts to melt, but still holds its shape. Take the pan out of the oven and top each bite with one more square pretzel. Now is the hard part, you need to let them sit until the chocolate sets again. You can stick it in the fridge to speed it up, if you want.
Melt your white chocolate chips or vanilla candy melts (and of course you could use regular chocolate chips, or any color of candy melts you like) in the microwave in 30 second intervals, until you can stir it nice and smooth. Dip each of the candy bar bites into the melted chocolate and return them to the parchment paper. Top with a variety of Christmas sprinkles, and let them set. (Just as an FYI I usually dip 4 or 5 candy bar bites into the white chocolate, then do the sprinkles on all 5 of those at once so I’m not going back and forth as much.
These sweet and salty candy bar pretzel bites are going to quickly become a new favorite at your house, just like they’ve been at ours. They’re adorable bite sized treats, that are perfect for a holiday party, holiday treat table, adding to a cookie plate, taking to neighbors, or just to enjoy because they’re so delicious.
More Easy Holiday Treats:
- Rolo Reindeer Pretzels
- Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- Peppermint Bark Fudge
- Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
- Christmas Oreo Balls
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Candy Bar Pretzel Bites
- 120 pretzel snaps
- 60 mini candy bars
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup assorted Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Lay out as many pretzel snaps as you want candy bar bites.
- Top each pretzel with your mini candy bars.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake it for 3 to 4 minutes until the chocolate is melted, but they still hold their shape.
- Remove the pan from the oven and top each candy bar with another pretzel. Let the pretzel bites cool completely till the chocolate is set.
- Melt your white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, at half power, stirring after each until you can stir them smooth.
- Dip the pretzels half way into the melted white chocolate and place them back on the baking sheet.
- After every 4 or 5 pretzels being dipped, top them with sprinkles evenly.
- Let the pretzel bites set until the white chocolate is set. Then enjoy.
Karen carr says
Sweet & salty….the best combo! Hardest part of these is opening the candy. So many fun variations to make. Great addition to all my cookie trays for Christmas but can be made for any time.
Loved the chocolate treats