This avocado and black bean salad is delicious served as a side dish, a meal, or even as a dip with chips. It’s simple, flavorful, and ready in just a few minutes.
This avocado and black bean salad is delicious served as a salad, eaten straight with a fork or spoon, as a snack or meal, or as a dip with chips or crackers.
The dressing on this salad is so simple, but really flavorful. It’s a simple mixture of olive oil, lime juice, cumin, and salt and pepper. The salad is delicious served immediately, or even better after letting the whole salad marinate in the fridge overnight.
I adapted this recipe from Real Simple.
How to make Avocado and Black Bean Salad?
Mix together everything for your salad dressing in a small bowl.
In another bowl, combine the black beans, bell pepper, tomato, and jalapeno pepper. Toss them in the dressing.
Then carefully fold in the avocado and cilantro. The avocado is so soft we don’t want to squish it too much, thus the need to add it in gently.
Tips to making Avocado and Black Bean Salad:
- This salad is also delicious with diced red onion added in.
- You can substitute lemon juice for the lime juice, if desired.
- You can substitute the black beans for navy beans, or black eyes peas if desired.
Avocado and Black Bean Salad Storage Instructions:
This avocado and black bean salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Make sure it’s tossed nicely with the oil and lime juice to prevent the avocados from turning too brown, they may still turn brown over time.
More avocado recipes:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Avocado and Black Bean Salad
For the Sauce:
- 2 TBS fresh lime juice
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (to taste)
For the Salad:
- 15 oz can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted, and diced)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- In another bowl combine the black beans, bell pepper, tomato, and jalapeno pepper.
- Toss the dressing over them, and gently toss until evenly coated.
- Carefully fold in the avocado and cilantro, until evenly mixed in.
- Serve immediately, or cover and store in the fridge for 12 hours to let the flavors meddle.