I love my ice cream maker and I really enjoy discovering new ice cream recipes. Sorbet uses the ice cream maker but is made from fresh, puree fruit.
I used a batch of over ripe strawberries to make mine. Although it is cold and delicious like ice cream, I can fool myself into thinking it is healthy because I am really just eating frozen strawberries, right?
Strawberry Orange Sorbet
3 cups ripe strawberries (hulled)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 TBS lemon juice
zest of 1 large orange
candied citron (chopped)
1. Puree your strawberries in a blender.
2. Mix in your powdered sugar and lemon juice.
3. Add orange zest.
4. Place 1 loaf pan in freezer for at least 10 minutes to get cold.
5. Put the strawberry puree, sugar, lemon juice and zest in your ice cream maker.
6. Freeze according to your directions.
7. Once finished sorbet is finished, remove loaf pan and add the sorbet into the loaf pan and mix in the candied citron.
8. Cover with plastic wrap, seal, and place in freezer for 2 hours or more.
9. To serve, remove from freezer for about 5 minutes to soften, then dish up into individual bowls.