Sweet bacon wrapped pineapple bites are baked to crispy sweet perfection. They’re a perfect game day appetizer!
**This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. #sponsored
Friends, have I got the recipe for you today. You know what I love? Bacon! You know what makes bacon even better than just eating it? Coating it in brown sugar while you cook it. That means these bacon wrapped pineapple pieces are the perfect little sweet bites of perfection, with the sweet and tangy pineapple wrapped in a thick piece of salty bacon, that is covered in brown sugar.
These sweet bacon wrapped pineapple bites are the perfect little appetizer – especially for all the football games going on this time of year, but these would be great later in the year for a holiday party, or just any time you want to have a game night.
A couple hints for making these babies, as I’ve made them a few times now. First off, my new favorite brand of bacon that I recommend using for these is Wright® Brand Bacon that I purchased at my local Kroger. Wright Brand Bacon is perfect for this bites, because the thicker bacon compliments the pineapple perfectly. Secondly, make sure you are using a rimmed baking sheet. I’ve experienced this the bad way, where the bacon grease dripped off the pan and made my oven extremely smokey. Third, make sure to line the pan with parchment paper or foil to help the cleanup a little bit. Lastly, make these sweet little bites soon, because they are SO delicious!
Sweet Bacon Wrapped Pineapple
- 8 slices Wright Brand Bacon (cut into thirds)
- 1 can of pineapple chunks
- brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- Wrap a pineapple piece in one piece of bacon.
- Repeat with remaining bacon and pineapple pieces.
- Roll each bite in brown sugar.
- Place wrapped pineapple pieces onto the prepared baking sheet, seam side down.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, rotating half way through until bacon is nice and crispy.