Ramen noodle salad is quick and easy to make. The crunchy salad is covered in a flavorful dressing and is perfect served at a picnic, potluck, or barbecue!
One of the best thing’s about going to a summer potluck or picnic is all the delicious side dishes! From potato salad, to macaroni salad, to this delicious and light ramen noodle salad!
This ramen noodle salad is full of delicious crunchy ingredients, all tossed together and coated in an oil based salad dressing. This ramen noodle salad is perfect for a side dish at a summer bbq or potluck, or would be great for a lighter main dish as well, since its packed full of yummy shredded chicken.
This salad is bursting full of flavor with simple and delicious ingredients that everyone will love! I cut the amount of vegetable oil down from 2/3 to 1/3 because it still coats the salad well, and helps cut those calories out a little.
You will love serving and enjoying this easy ramen noodle salad at your next pot luck! Fourth of July next week, anyone?
Ramen Noodle Salad
- 16 oz chopped or shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup thin sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted if you want
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 - 2 packaged crushed Top Ramen Noodles not cooked - and without seasoning packets
- 5-6 sliced green onions
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup white sugar **
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Combine ingredients for salad in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the salad mixture and toss everything together until it's well coated.
- Serve immediately.
- Cover any leftover salad in the fridge for 2-3 days, however the salad is best on the first day as the noodles lose their crunch.
**This delicious ramen noodle salad was made using SPLENDA® Brand as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps. All opinions are my own.